Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was going to have these put in as I'm also not a fan of the standard DRLs but after speaking with my mechanic/dealer, it's much more than a 60 min job and quite a hassle. There's a few posts floating around about them, but essentially if you're not phased by the price of parts & labor then I guess go for it :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
chelseajm - that's useful to know, thanks. The parts price sounds surprisingly reasonable at £200 list, but from what you have said the labour cost is what decides if this makes sense. With any luck my local dealer won't have fitted a set before so may just use the official 60 minute fitting time to quote!

While I don't like the current DRLs, it isn't worth a vast amount to replace them, but I would pay perhaps £300. Otherwise I will be looking for whiter colour temperature bulbs which can fit the existing holders. Anyone done this?

I agree, if the dealer sticks to the 60 min fitment time then I would say go for it, but a few other threads have mentioned dealers taking longer (I recall maybe 2+ hours). I know on another forum a user said it took them 4 hours to install, however this is keeping in mind they've never done it before! I agree on the yellowish look of the factory DRLs, I hate them! I know for the main headlights the Osram Night breaker Laser is great (have some on the way :)), so perhaps they do a similar smaller bulb which would work with the DRL??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.