Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wanted to simplify my life and make significant changes. Tired of driving a truck and burning gas, I looked at the Mini Cooper and test drove a few models.

Our dilemma is we have 3 german shepherds and a pre-teen daughter. My partner was certain of one thing, he wanted me to purchase a manual. We got a good trade on my truck and I just couldn't make a decision. All of the mini coopers have flair and charm. That being said, manual transmissions are not as common anymore.

I loved the 3 door mini cooper. Just loved it. But, I just couldnt see how I could make such a drastic change.

I drove the little 5 door S for comparison and just fell in love with the little fella. Drove him home the same day!! Ive had the little car for about 2 weeks. I have become a great mini fan. I haven't had the desire yet to put a shepherd in the car. My partner still has his truck and for now, that will have to do. Grocery shopping is hysterically fun!! Though I love the look of the 3 door, I am happy I didn't buy one. With fire threats now-a-days, I need the ability to pile critters in a car if needed. the 5 door can do it, it will be tight. But it can be done....the manual transmission is a hoot to drive. Now, the technology and adaptability with mini communication and iphone 6, that, I am still rattled about. But, the fun factor. Keeps me smiling every day!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome! You will hopefully be like most around here and will have a lifelong love for MINIs. We have 6 German Shepherd so we have 2 MINIs! Well actually 3 if we count our daughter's Countryman. But like you, we have a truck as well. My husband has the F55s and I have an F56s.
Give it some time and you will figure out the technology. I am on my third MINI and the tech has changed with each model.
Annette

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Annette, I bet your Insurance Agent loves you with all them cars in your Driveway.:laugh: Have you thought about it buying one of them so them Puppies got more space in the back seat?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Annette, I bet your Insurance Agent loves you with all them cars in your Driveway.:laugh: Have you thought about it buying one of them so them Puppies got more space in the back seat?

LOL, that would be perfect. But then I'd need to build somewhere to keep that because it definitely won't fit in my garage!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
German Shepherds and Minis

Welcome! You will hopefully be like most around here and will have a lifelong love for MINIs. We have 6 German Shepherd so we have 2 MINIs! Well actually 3 if we count our daughter's Countryman. But like you, we have a truck as well. My husband has the F55s and I have an F56s.
Give it some time and you will figure out the technology. I am on my third MINI and the tech has changed with each model.
Annette
Thanks Annette! Now I don't feel so crazy having tossed out my truck for a mini!! I have 3 german shepherds, but also 2 toy breeds. I havn't yet figured out how to put one shepherd in the little car, let alone 3!!

I think its because when I do give a shep a ride, which one? How do you choose? and then, might as well put all 3 in...and by then, the poor mini will be covered in hair!!

how do you do it? Does your husband take a dog or two with him as well? I never thought my shepherds were big. Till I got the Mini!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts