Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built my F56 2 ways. Almost the same except one leaves off the JCW exterior package which allows for the fully loaded package. If I add the JCW exterior and piecemeal the parts of the fully loaded I want then it costs about $3500 more! I only want the aero kit so is that really valued at $3500?
Is it possible to add the aero kit later?
Annette

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess you can buy the kit aftermarket, but be aware aftermarket kits mostly come unpainted. This has the risk for color difference between body and kit when painted. Quality is another issue, you don't know how it will fit on the car together with the other trims. I don't have the JCW exterior on my Mini, just because I don't think it's worth the money for non-functional bumpers and a spoiler. Go and have a look at a dealership to see what the JCW exterior package looks on a One or Cooper. It's totally different from the Cooper S of real JCW trim.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think after building and re-building my F56 over the last 48 hours I'm going to skip the JCW Aero kit. On this MINI I've decided to go with body colored roof and mirrors so have decided the extra bits of black in the standard body package will be needed to break up all the orange. I'm going to add other graphics over time in other colors but all will be accented with black anyway. I have learned over the last 4 MINI orders that it is a good idea to play with the configurator for a week or so before making a final decision. My husband is getting the F55 with the JCW Aero kit so we will still have one in the garage, so best of both worlds :).

Annette

1 - 3 of 3 Posts