Mini Cooper Forum banner

After installing JCW BBK

9K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  Schoolfish 
#1 ·
Today I install jcw big brake kit. I feel the brake is spongy now and very weak when stopping. Maybe because it's still new?

Anyway I'm writing this regarding the coding I went to the dealership and they refuse to code the car since I didn't install by them.

Right now what should I do? How can I code my car. And is that something I have to do necessarily? As I asked many people who told me it doesn't need coding

Please advise 🙏

#6 ·
This thread on NAM says that the coding is required to calibrate the ABS and DSC systems for the bigger brakes.

#7 ·
This thread on NAM says that the coding is required to calibrate the ABS and DSC systems for the bigger brakes.

In my situation what should I do ?

Mini dealer should not refuse right?

#21 ·
They won’t do it because of the liability, bleeding brakes is very easy Start with right rear connect a hose to each bleed screw and open bleeder you can do both screws at the same time ,i let it drip into bottle ,open brake reservoir and make sure to keep a eye on the fluid level. than proceed to left rear and right front than left front ,I use approximately 1 liter for whole system Dot 4 lv. I install JCW big brakes three weeks ago and they feel great don’t forget 250 mile break in. And I haven’t done coding

#23 ·
New update:

I call Mini Service today. They want to avoid my warranty since part were installed outside hahahahaha. Anyway my warranty expired couple of months ago.

But really how come they would avoid it and the part is genuine Mini !!

#24 ·
New update:

I call Mini Service today. They want to avoid my warranty since part were installed outside hahahahaha. Anyway my warranty expired couple of months ago.

But really how come they would avoid it and the part is genuine Mini !!
Mini/BMW stealerships are the worst, as for the coding I read somewhere that it is as straightforward as adding a VO entry through E-Sys (VO coding is simpler, as launcher is not required), I would highly recommend coding the new brakes new because the ESP module works under strict rotor/brake variant calibration values, which could lead to vehicle underbraking during limit lateral acceleration driving or low mue maneuvers. (I’m the Bosch brake systems engineer from the NAM thread).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.