Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
They won’t do it because of the liability, bleeding brakes is very easy Start with right rear connect a hose to each bleed screw and open bleeder you can do both screws at the same time ,i let it drip into bottle ,open brake reservoir and make sure to keep a eye on the fluid level. than proceed to left rear and right front than left front ,I use approximately 1 liter for whole system Dot 4 lv. I install JCW big brakes three weeks ago and they feel great don’t forget 250 mile break in. And I haven’t done coding

Discussion starter · #22 ·
They won’t do it because of the liability, bleeding brakes is very easy Start with right rear connect a hose to each bleed screw and open bleeder you can do both screws at the same time ,i let it drip into bottle ,open brake reservoir and make sure to keep a eye on the fluid level. than proceed to left rear and right front than left front ,I use approximately 1 liter for whole system Dot 4 lv. I install JCW big brakes three weeks ago and they feel great don’t forget 250 mile break in. And I haven’t done coding
Thanks

I will try bleeding again next weekend. Yes I'm still below that 250 mile.

Have ever need to brake hard and how was it compared to stock ones.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
New update:

I call Mini Service today. They want to avoid my warranty since part were installed outside hahahahaha. Anyway my warranty expired couple of months ago.

But really how come they would avoid it and the part is genuine Mini !!

New update:

I call Mini Service today. They want to avoid my warranty since part were installed outside hahahahaha. Anyway my warranty expired couple of months ago.

But really how come they would avoid it and the part is genuine Mini !!
Mini/BMW stealerships are the worst, as for the coding I read somewhere that it is as straightforward as adding a VO entry through E-Sys (VO coding is simpler, as launcher is not required), I would highly recommend coding the new brakes new because the ESP module works under strict rotor/brake variant calibration values, which could lead to vehicle underbraking during limit lateral acceleration driving or low mue maneuvers. (I’m the Bosch brake systems engineer from the NAM thread).

Hey Maj did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having the same issue, I've been told air can get in the ABS unit and Mini garage have a device to fix this, assuming a pressure bleeder would work though.
I retrofitted my BBK system earlier this year. The problem is you need to actuate the ABS as it is a sealed system and will not bleed through a normal bleed job. You can get the software to do this, take to shop, or (not sanctioning this method) find a gravely road get up to speed and apply brakes to allow the abs to activate. Then back to bleeding. I took mine to shop and had them flash the ecu for the upgraded brakes and walked away happy

Refused because I didn't purchase it from them plus I didn't install it by them!. And they sell this kit for $4500 without installation also you have to wait 3 weeks to get it. So I purchased it from esctuning for $1700 including shipping and I received within 4 days.

The issue is we only have one dealership in my county. Additionally they don't have much marketing for MINI I believe I'm the first one who did this BBK kit in the whole country ,could you imagine that i take my car to bmw for service there's no mini logo anyway their. Ano there's no show room too. You build your MINI in bmw show room then you receive it hahaha.
not sure what the issue is as I purchased mine - installed myself and then took to shop. I did get a call and provided thempics of everything as it was shipped from BMW etc.this was here in NorCal area

I retrofitted my BBK system earlier this year. The problem is you need to actuate the ABS as it is a sealed system and will not bleed through a normal bleed job. You can get the software to do this, take to shop, or (not sanctioning this method) find a gravely road get up to speed and apply brakes to allow the abs to activate. Then back to bleeding. I took mine to shop and had them flash the ecu for the upgraded brakes and walked away happy
Thank you! these aftermarket brakes aren’t offered here in Australia (as far as I can tell) I imported them from the US. I tried a my normal mechanic and they struggled with bleeding them... so I had it towed to mini... they had to check with their tech team in Germany 🙄 and now today they have tried to bleed the brakes 3x... this is also the largest mini dealership in Sydney. So I’m sure they’re competent ...I’ve forwarded your message to the tech lead - will be funny (and a relief ) if after all of this your advice sorts it out! I also didn’t realise I needed the 501 rims to fit the callipers, so this has been going on for 4 weeks can only laugh.

Thank you! these aftermarket brakes aren’t offered here in Australia (as far as I can tell) I imported them from the US. I tried a my normal mechanic and they struggled with bleeding them... so I had it towed to mini... they had to check with their tech team in Germany 🙄 and now today they have tried to bleed the brakes 3x... this is also the largest mini dealership in Sydney. So I’m sure they’re competent ...I’ve forwarded your message to the tech lead - will be funny (and a relief ) if after all of this your advice sorts it out! I also didn’t realise I needed the 501 rims to fit the callipers, so this has been going on for 4 weeks can only laugh.
Don’t stress you’ll be happy with the outcome! If your stuck reach out! - I love my setup as it’s a daily driver but I live near the mountains and do weekly canyon runs! It’s been night and day with my chasis/suspension upgrades.the car definitely handles all the NEW power without issues - feels like factory

I did a flush bleed and a ton of fluid later realized my issue and said ok you guys can finish the bleed job. My guys here did the job and then noted my upper mtg mount was done. They know I do my own work and just informed me and offered the parts list. Amazing how some shops work versus others.
Anyone in the SF Bay Area go to concord they take care of us and understand our community

Oh yes I was able to use 10mm savers to fit the BBK system with the cup wheels not sure how similar the other mini wheels are but you can use a wheel offset online guide to help you out - cup wheels are a 54offset if that’s helps and I used 10mm spacers you get a ‘Just’ fit

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.