Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
There's one guy on NAM that put the NM 18" wheels on his JCW, but needed spacers to make the wheel clear the caliper. Tire Rack still doesn't list any wheels for the JCW either as of today.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm waiting for some nice BBS's :) But, the 18" Two-Tone Cup Spokes are pretty sweet imo....gotta love them! I really couldn't stand the other JCW styles in 17"s....not horrible, but they just look too small on the F56 imo.

The Cosmos and other non-JCW wheels are very desirable, but they just don't clear the large Brembos on the front of the JCW....kind of a good problem to have though actually! ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's one guy on NAM that put the NM 18" wheels on his JCW, but needed spacers to make the wheel clear the caliper. Tire Rack still doesn't list any wheels for the JCW either as of today.
I looked over there and can't find the thread...have a link? Or perhaps know what size spacers?

And Ive found that Tire Rack isn't always necessarily right.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thinking of a winter set too, what's the wheel fitment to the F56 JCW? inc. offset.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Offset is 54. 5 x 112 bolt pattern with 66.5 mm centre. 17 x 7 with205/45R17 or 18 x 7 with 205/40R18 will work. Anything wider may rub and the absolute maximum is 215 width tire with a less offset rim like a 45 or 48 to give more room inside.

Don't trust tire rack - they haven't got a clue when it comes to the JCW model...been there done that and had a complete and utter waste of my time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
18 should give you more after market options. With 17 it may be best to stick to OEM specifically for F56 JCW model. Race spoke. Cup spoke. Track spoke are popular OEM JCW rim options. Standard MINI rims will not fit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's the thread with the JCW on NM wheels. He used 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers to dial in his stance, but comments that a 6mm spacer should be fine to clear the calipers.

Offset is 54. 5 x 112 bolt pattern with 66.5 mm centre. 17 x 7 with205/45R17 or 18 x 7 with 205/40R18 will work. Anything wider may rub and the absolute maximum is 215 width tire with a less offset rim like a 45 or 48 to give more room inside.

Don't trust tire rack - they haven't got a clue when it comes to the JCW model...been there done that and had a complete and utter waste of my time.
Agreed on the stock wheel sizes. Disagree on tire's that fit. The JCW's at Miles Ahead school use Conti and Bridgestone summer 225/40-18 tires on stock JCW 18" wheels with DDC dampers and no-spacers. There are also a couple of F56's on 225/45-17 with 45mm offset wheels and "no rubbing".

Those are also some harsh words for Tire Rack. Probably undeservingly so.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Here's the thread with the JCW on NM wheels. He used 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers to dial in his stance, but comments that a 6mm spacer should be fine to clear the calipers.

Agreed on the stock wheel sizes. Disagree on tire's that fit. The JCW's at Miles Ahead school use Conti and Bridgestone summer 225/40-18 tires on stock JCW 18" wheels with DDC dampers and no-spacers. There are also a couple of F56's on 225/45-17 with 45mm offset wheels and "no rubbing".

Those are also some harsh words for Tire Rack. Probably undeservingly so.
You might enjoy the thread I started some time back about alternate wheel & tire sizes on this issue. I always thought that 225/40/18's or similar would look great on the JCW. I'm still learning, but after getting my 18" Cup Wheels with Pirelli P7's (205/40/18's) mounted I must admit they look really nice! But, I still believe the F56 body will look better with a beefier tire setup.

John

http://www.minif56.com/forum/401-ti...rnate-tire-sizes-jcw-18-cup-spoke-wheels.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After some research I think ill be going 215 40 18 square setup. Just have to find the right offset. Thinking et 40 for the front on an 18x8.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
After some research I think ill be going 215 40 18 square setup. Just have to find the right offset. Thinking et 40 for the front on an 18x8.
I was thinking the same thing...the 215's will provide a good balance without damaging any of the fender underpinnings or rubbing elsewhere. The ET40 will push the tires outward a bit and widen the stance footprint, plus look more aggressive. Ideally, lowering the car a wee bit would be best, but it looks fine as is imo "as-long-as" you run wheels larger than 17"s. Visually, the larger 18" wheels are just so much more appealing.

The thing that ticked me off was the MINI configurator that spec'd the 18" Cup Wheels at 18" x 7.5" wide, when they are only 7" wide! With wider tires, a wider wheel will be better, and therein lies the dilemma...there are few to none out there that will clear the Brembos! Having spacers can help, sure, but I'd have to see such a setup before jumping in that direction. There's something special about wheels designed specifically to barely clear the Brembos.....stock curved spoke wheels looks "sweet" fitted next to the Brembos one must admit!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I just ordered some Michelin Pilot sport A/S3 225-45-18 and Konig Oversteer 18x8's. I did some research and these will fit the space and the offset without any problems.
Wow! Sounds nice...please report back as to fit/clearances. What's the offset? ET?

·
Registered
45 Posts
225/45/18?!?

That's way too big!

Current rolling circumference
1873.49mm

New rolling circumference
1989.61mm

Difference in circumference:
116.12mm or 6.2%

So when your speedo reads 70mph, you're actually travelling at 74.34 mph

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.