Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peeps

so my current 2016 f56 just has the standard visual boost/HK 6.5 screen without satnav/review camera,

im just about to fit an Andream unit which will amongst other things allow me to add a rear view camera,

ive looked at possibly going OEM but it looks like a royal pain and cost to do (no proper retrofit kit) so was thinking of getting a review camera to go in the same position as the oem one, i notice there is an indented square where it would go if i had one, was was going to fit it in there,

anyone else done this or similar ?? nothings simple is it, there are quite a few options at good prices but with poor reviews,

·
Registered
2014 F-56 Cooper
32 Posts
Installed an interface, with provides Carplay and a rear view camera....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed an interface, with provides Carplay and a rear view camera....
are you saying you have done this ?

installed mine today, but havent got round to thinking of putting a camera in as not sure how to sort the reversing wire out !

·
Registered
2014 F-56 Cooper
32 Posts
The interface i installed had already inputs for reverse and front camera, only installed the rear camera. when putting gear in reverse, camera comes on in the screen with parking lines..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The interface i installed had already inputs for reverse and front camera, only installed the rear camera. when putting gear in reverse, camera comes on in the screen with parking lines..
oh ok so you just connected up the yellow video cable and the power cable and thats it ? No reserve wire ?
sorry for the questions just want to make sure that’s correct before I order one

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will check on saturday how about the reversing signal, can’t remember hoe I did it.
ha ha that’s how my dash looked yesterday before installing the carplay unit and hidden compartment :)
thanks for the photo and continued support (y)
p.s if you have the make n model of the camera that would be smashing

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have the model number ?
is it this one
so you just connected the power and the yellow video cable up?

i Wonder if there is something that happens with the canbus when you put it in reverse that automatically puts it thru with the CarPlay box !
thanks again for the help and pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts