Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who wired up aftermarket auxiliary rally style lights, what brand did you go with and what size? Any wiring issues? I was looking at using the OEM bracket and switch if possible. Would just need to know what the wires do on the OEM switch. I like the OEM look but I am thinking I can get good aftermarket lights for less than the $650 OEM cost total for all parts. The lights alone with wiring is $320.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those who wired up aftermarket auxiliary rally style lights, what brand did you go with and what size? Any wiring issues? I was looking at using the OEM bracket and switch if possible. Would just need to know what the wires do on the OEM switch. I like the OEM look but I am thinking I can get good aftermarket lights for less than the $650 OEM cost total for all parts. The lights alone with wiring is $320.
MINI's OEM lights usually have a bespoke bracket that other lights won't fit - certainly on R56, you'd need to check on F56. I went with light bracket from VIP Custom Parts in Arizona and Hella 500s. Hella also have a really useful cabling kit which plugs onto the back of the H4 globe (if you have halogen lights) and switches on the driving lights when you select high beam (or can had a dashboard switch as well). I found that the bracket is designed for S and JCW - needed some work for the slats on my Justa. The Hella 500s have good spread and reasonable distance at a cheap price - you have to spend a lot to do better. Narva also have an LED driving light which matches the 500s according to their diagrams (most LED lights have either distance or spread but not both).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts