Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a sneak preview of the design Scorpion Exhausts have gone for on my Cooper S F56 for downpipes. The stock ones are clearly very restrictive. I got a tour of their factory today and will be heading back there in a couple of weeks for them to test fit these down pipes as they are not quite ready yet. As you can see the design needs to be a little bit more elaborate than on previous generations. The sports cat will be 200 cel:

Scorpion exhaust decat and sports cat for f56 by James Baker, on Flickr

What downpipes have others gone for?

I will post up videos once each of them has been tested on the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have posted this in my project thread, but thought I would also add here to keep this thread up to date with the options:

Well today was the day I have been waiting for, I finally get to hear an F56 in person with decat. My F56 went off to Scorpion this morning for them to do a final test fit on the downpipe and all went well.

The decat is the one on the right for those that missed this image before:

Scorpion exhaust decat and sports cat for f56 by James Baker, on Flickr

When I collected the car I was surprised at how loud the pops and bangs are with this, yet it doesn't drone on the motorway at all. I made a quick video tonight, but its too cold to do anything decent so I will do another in the day light. As a reminder this is a scorpion decat downpipe linked to a scorpion catback exhaust without resonator. Its not smoking, its really cold outside so you can see the water vapour in the air:

Video:
https://youtu.be/rWZuLTy9rxc

I cant wait to hear this combined with my Remus exhaust, I think the Scorpion exhaust is great and will be perfect for 90% of F56 owners who want a louder exhaust, more pops and bangs for a great price compared to the expensive JCW exhaust from MINI, but for me I want something that bit louder and the Remus delivers that, plus I love the CF tips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, what's up ?

This is my first post here, I will do my introduction when i have some time. I'm searching all over the internet, for a 3 inch downpipe, but the biggest one I found is 2.75 inches ( Scorpion and Milltek ) . Why is there no 3'' DP ? Is there a maximum size ? I imagine the there is a connecting mouth with a certain diameter , and as the maximum size I came across was 2.75'' , I suppose that's the size of the mouth where the DP connects. Is that correct ? If yes, I will buy an aftermarket DP, if it's possible to connect a 3'' DP, I will order a custom made one.

I'm looking for 3'' DP because my exhaust project was 3'' turbo-back, all the way. Catless DP, 3 inch stainless steel all the way to the back, a Borla XR-1 3'' round resonator, and some 90mm tips, that's my plan.

Thanks in advance !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.