Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone try any aftermarket drl and LED headlight for the cars with halogen headlights
I found this one on ebay and thinking of buying it, it's a direct fit for the halogen cars
I'm not so sure because it will cost me allot till i get in my country

·
Registered
194 Posts
Read it carefully, I think you are getting an LED drl and continue to use the halogen bulbs so visibility is not improved. It wasn't clear to me though. If you want to instal HID Xenon bulb that looks extra and make sure it is legal in your country. Seems quite expensive just to improve the looks but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Read it carefully, I think you are getting an LED drl and continue to use the halogen bulbs so visibility is not improved. It wasn't clear to me though. If you want to instal HID Xenon bulb that looks extra and make sure it is legal in your country. Seems quite expensive just to improve the looks but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I think you're correct, only the DRL is LED the rest is halogen.

From the description "All these head lamps we carry currently are installed with a Halogen light bulb in its high beam and low beam." and "The Low Beam Bulb and High beam bulb Type: H9 Model"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it's a halogen bulb but it i guess it would provide better visibility if i fitted led bulbs or xenon, anyway i also wanted them for the looks as i think the halogen headlights are ugly and these are much better
There is no restrictions for the headlights in my country

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.