Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people have done aftermarket replacements for the 6 speaker system? I'm wondering how complicated it is to DIY or how much roughly it would cost to have installed, and if it would be better or comparable to the HK option.

Right now I have to choose between getting the exact options I want except HK system now, or waiting 3 months for a factory order to include the HK.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
There are some posts on this forum relating to upgrading the sound system but i dont think anyone has actually done it yet. Its not a straight forward thing like other cars and it will cost some serious money to turn the mini into a great audio environment due to the relative lack of road noise insulation in the cabin.
Just upgrading the speakers is pretty easy but upping the amp and or head unit is a bit more involved.

If you do go down this path, please let us know what you did and what issues you came across to resolve.
Cheers

·
Registered
375 Posts
The HK system not only comes with more and better speakers but also the extra amplifier.

Would I wait the extra 3 months? Mm tough choice but I think I would because it sounds great. But that's my personal opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I wish I could have gotten the HK system, but waiting 3 months of the prime driving time in Canada wasn't worth it. I managed to get another 500 off the car because of it though, so now I have $2000 budgeted to after market sound system, just have to figure out what the best options are.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Standard speakers are OK. A lot better than standard speakers were in my E91 BMW so that's a positive at least. And with the glorious engine noise from my 3 pot engine I drive without music playing a lot more than I used to.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts