Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
2016 cooper convertible petrol with auto air con Is not blowing cold.
Its been regassed with y1234fy. All 3 fuses related to ac are ok. If I disconnect the air con pressure switch the radiator fans run at full speed so that seems ok.
I can’t tell if the comp is engaging. I’ll get underneath later and remove the panels to check
Any other ideas please?

are there Switch in the convertible Roof that turn off air con?

thanks
Darren.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
783 Posts
There's a fuse panel behind the glovebox, remove the panel inside the glovebox to access it. There's also a fuse box under the bonnet

Here are some pics of the fuse layout, looks like air-con fuses are F34 (40amp), F63(5amp) behind glovebox and F29(5amp) under the bonnet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I only have fuses in the glovebox, there aren’t any under the bonnet. All 3 related to air con in the glovebox panel are ok.
the paper in the fuse box doesn’t identify the air con relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still haven't found the compressor relay so I'm going to pull the plug on the compressor and check for power with the AC button on/off. I'll also take tension off the serp belt and check the clutch is engaging ok.
Thanks for the link to the diagrams, these are a great help identifying parts. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air con compressor clutch is not engaging. Difficult to access the plug to test the clutch?

Any recommended apps to read live data from the air con system? Tried Bimmer-tool but it doesn't have live data from air con.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Three wires on the compressor red, black, brown.
12v across red/black gives faint click like a relay operating.
12v across black / brown, nothing.

Could do with a wiring diagram too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts