Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a MCS last Oct, and although I noticed a crack in the drivers airbag I didn’t mention it to the garage on the day. Long story, but only had a short amount of time to collect before the school run, and thought I’d contact them a day or so later (but never got around to it).

Anyway I’m looking for some advice as to whether the bag is safe as there is a crack along the middle (where the bag would open out) which has cracked the chrome trim on both sides and there is also some crazing in various places on the badge.

All I can think is that perhaps someone has hit it with force in some road rage incident.

My only question is, do you think it should be replaced?

Perhaps difficult to offer an opinion without a photo, but unsure how to upload photos on here.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the Forum I would stop by at the Mini Dealer and have the Service Manager have a look at it and also contact Mini Customer Service so you have Records. Airbags should not bulk out like that. What year is your Mini? If you can post pics that would be nice. Did your car have a light front impact just light enough to bulk the bag out but did not go off? Keep us posted.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think there was a hard hit but was not enough to get the airbag out. The crack could be a proof of that. So go check it out and don't take it slightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts