Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Everything every car. Just trawl the internet and you will find hundreds of niggles and complaints. Still after seeing then being made I am happy I have only 2 more days till I get a quality motor! We've had 3 last model minis ie r56 and a roadster and all superb.best paint finish on any car I've had.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Also this is an external supplier fault not bmw. Toyota recalled thousands of cars for the same reason. Just good they have found the fault. Don't blame mini or bm.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't get me wrong I know all cars have niggles, just seems some of the minis problems are more serious than niggles. Really want to bite the bullet and order but everyday seems to bring a new problem, already had a car in garage more than I drove it and don't want the same again.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Go to the factory and see the quality. 900 cars a day being made check the name website and see how many trouble free 100k plus Miller's there are.it's a superb car and people rarely send in praise. You only here the moans which seem very few to me.we had a totally trouble free 2012 cooper for 2years replaced with a perfect roadsters s .46000 trouble free miles in a cooper s hatch 2010. Fabulous cars.

Reactions: Davey

·
Registered
20 Posts
All cars have niggles, fact is tho Mini have a lot less than other manufacturers.
Speaking as someone who has had 4 (picking up 5th today, yay me!) they've all been brilliant.

The current mini no4 had one visit shortly after purchase for the bonnet clip, but after that it had trouble free motoring for 3.5 year. Think it was mini 2 that had an engine fan problem and mini 1 had seat airbag sensor problems. ALL where fixed with superb support and friendly service by local dealer.

Previous to mini I've had fiats, renaults, and a couple of mini metros when I first started driving ALL had faults, but a lot more than BMW Mini!!!

Shut the car door on a Mini compared to a Renault... You can hear/feel the difference!!

Reactions: kenl

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Totally agree Davey. Superb car. Don't believe the hype 're other makes. Vw for Eg had the abs issue they refused to fix. my mum's new avensies had a total new handbrake electric replacement.etc read honest John's car directory for a truer picture

·
Registered
95 Posts
Look at the jd power list for 2013 and mini is near the bottom in the 70's along with a lot of bmws and on other lists it scores bad. Thought they would have tried harder with the new model, still want one but will wait for new list and till they sorted problem's. And they know they have problems as a dealer told me they are working on a lot of the issues on this and various other sites. So will keep in touch with them and probably order at end of year.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Hmmm jd power. I have to say I don't buy into those at all . The more popular the car the worse they do as a rule. I take delivery of mine tomorrow. Will keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
For what it is worth we have one of the earliest F56 MCS delivered it has now covered 8000 miles and been totally trouble free. Although I don't use the car often it seems a pretty will built piece of kit to me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Like Washy I've got one of the first builds too with nearly 10,000 trouble free miles on the clock so far. I've owned a MINI hatch from each of the three generations and the F56 has been the most reliable by far, i.e. no niggles.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
It's arrived and I have to say after a 40 mile drive home it's certainly a quantum leap quality wise from the r56. Soo refined . I can just hear wind and the 3 cyl growl when the pedal is pressed .can't wait to get jasper run in.pics to follow if I can work it out!

Reactions: Davey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I to picked up my F56 yesterday and "Barney" is doing fine! That engine growl from 3 cylinders is a pure delight and the led lights just make you feel lucky.(upside down horseshoe!). I can see the order books growing and those who wait could be on a long waiting list!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts