Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am using an iPhone 4s... Connected via usb, i see the album artwork of the song playing (via iTunes). However, when i switch over to bluetooth, the album artwork does not display... Just the artist name, song title, etc...

Is this normal? Any way to display album artwork via bluetooth?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, mine does that with my iPhone 5. I reckon it's just to get the bluetooth audio standard working across all devices.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's right Minimtl, my Cooper S doesn't show alum artwork via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5, but does via lightening.

Yours works over Bluetooth Washy? Booo!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you have to have the media XL option to show artwork via BT as I have iPhone 5s and visual boost and can only display artwork when plugged in :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Resurrecting this thread from the dead…

Driving a 2019 Mini Cooper S WITHOUT CarPlay and WITHOUT "Connected." Got the full-color screen, and when the phone in plugged in via USB album art shows up just fine.

I am guessing there is simply no way to get album art to show when streaming Bluetooth Audio. Album art shows up when listening to Sirius/XM and DAB/HD Radio stations that support it.

But no art over Bluetooth.

There's no AUX port in my Mini so those "Bovee" connection kit-things from Amazon won't work.

Am just curious if anyone has found a way. Feels like it's a limitation of the MINI/BMW head unit and not iOS 13.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Mini clubman f54 2018 here,we get album art via Bluetooth via i phone 5 s but only certain music payers. Not sure which as it's my daughter. BUT it makes me jealous because my Samsung and spotify don't ! Grrrrr

·
Registered
272 Posts
2019 F56 JCW owner here.
I HAVE Visual Boost and Mini Connected (though it mainly doesn’t work in Belarus and the mini app is not available in AppStore).
I DONT have Media XL and CarPlay.

My iPhone XR running latest iOS displays album artwork over Bluetooth both in Apple Music and Yandex Music (that’s a Russian app).

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes you can have art work over Bluetooth. I can remote code if you'd like this. PM me

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure if this helps -- apologies if it doesn't, but I can tell you that if you have the basic 6.5" color screen (non-touch) without Connected, there is no way to make album art show via Bluetooth.

I learned this the hard way by purchasing the "Bimmercode" app and OBD II dingus; only to find out that the basic 6.5" screens can not take any coding or at least any pertinent coding at all.

It would seem to me that unless you have MINI Connected on a 6.5" screen, you are unable to see album art via Bluetooth. The only way artwork shows from a device is via USB connection (an iPhone or iPod).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts