Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been lurking the forums for some time now and haven't been able to find any info on alignment specs for individuals who have lowered their Mini cooper (non S) 5dr. So my questions are directed to anyone who has lowered their Mini with just lowering springs and have gotten it aligned.
What are your alignment specs after the settling of the lowering springs? and which springs did you go with?
Did you need to purchase aftermarket adjustable lower control arms to get the alignment for the rear back into specs?

The reason why i'm asking is because where I live, I need to do what they call a recon permit on the vehicle after the vehicle is lowered to make sure it's up to specs or the vehicle will not pass my states yearly safety check requirement.

Thanks guys, hope to get some info. :)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
NM springs. I just had it returned to stock settings. I have adjustable lower control arms, but didn't need to adjust them.
Just the springs and not coil-overs? How's the ride ... any issues with bottoming out on the bump stops? Interested in the same, but concerned over spring travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.