Mini Cooper Forum banner
221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funnily enough, here in NL (and I guess elsewhere) we now have (or have had, I don't always pay attention) the option to download map updates ourselves, via a tool.
Check it out.

View attachment 73934

This is for a 12/2019 build Clubman. To find it, go to the mini website (for your country)

View attachment 73935

Click that dude, then log in, then go to "My cars"

View attachment 73936

Then, it should be obvious

View attachment 73937

I notice they don't really draw attention on how to do this. I also noticed my car autoupdated itself with the 2021-2 maps for my region, which is what triggered me to check this out.
This is amazing!!! Thank you so much!!
Must be new as I’ve never noticed this before??

I can confirm that the website works in UK too, although the links to the Mini Download Manager seem to be corrupt for both Mac and Windows!

·
Registered
800 Posts
It must be new......it was only a couple of weeks ago that MINI Connected support told me that there was no way to download the maps online and the only official way to get them was through a dealer.

The Mac download is also corrupt for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It must be new......it was only a couple of weeks ago that MINI Connected support told me that there was no way to download the maps online and the only official way to get them was through a dealer.

The Mac download is also corrupt for me.
What kind of maps you need, I have all
I'm not sure if Mac I good, the best use Windows, all maps are packed to 7zip, rar or zip

·
Registered
800 Posts
What kind of maps you need, I have all
I'm not sure if Mac I good, the best use Windows, all maps are packed to 7zip, rar or zip
Thanks mate...I appreciate the offer but I'm not too bothered about updating......just thought I'd test the new official download. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Funnily enough, here in NL (and I guess elsewhere) we now have (or have had, I don't always pay attention) the option to download map updates ourselves, via a tool.
Check it out.

This is for a 12/2019 build Clubman. To find it, go to the mini website (for your country)

I notice they don't really draw attention on how to do this. I also noticed my car autoupdated itself with the 2021-2 maps for my region, which is what triggered me to check this out.
I've just done mine via the same method on the uk site and it's all working great.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
The same site also lets you request a copy of your telematics data. I have requested mine to see what data the car is collecting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What's the link for the UK website please?
Not sure if it will work as the address appears to contain some necessaries that may be unique to the pc being used but here it is.
Link

If it doesn't work, just go to the uk mini website and click on the person icon at the top right. (It sometimes seems to hide, but it's there next to the magnifying glass)

It pops up this when clicked.

Once you jump through all the hoops to register, you can add your vehicle by clicking the person icon again and then clicking add vehicle. You will need to use your VIN number either from the windscreen or your V5. Both mine and dad's clubman required a verification code which is sent from BMW/Mini to the car itself and can be picked up off the central screen.

Once you have the vehicle added, you can go to your vehicle and find the map update section.

Then you click on "to manual map update". Download the tool and hopefully it should be plain sailing. I applied the update downloaded via this method to both our cars today. It took about 15 mins.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for all the info was actually registered on there but when entering vin got an error code and to contact support.... no idea why as I use the connect app which sort sort of works with some bits on my 2016 S ..... not to worry as got the map update and my service plan I bought I get free maps for 2022 and 2024 if I'm still around then... :cool:

So has anyone run that program mentioned above? the mini download manager.EXE bit dubious about exe files and not knowing where they come from?

Attachments

221 - 240 of 276 Posts