Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
My F56 with Nav XL uses EVO maps and the wife's F60 with standard Nav uses ROUTE maps.
Are Activation Codes available on eBay reliable?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance.
The activation code came through very quickly. They contacted me and said I bought the wrong one, refunded me the cost and linked me to the correct one. Fantastic communications and sorted very quickly.
Both cars now have up to date maps. Thanks for the advice..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are there any Downsides to downloading these maps outside the dealer network? My car is 2015 thus out of warranty

·
Registered
54 Posts
My main dealer told me to download the maps from Mini Connect web or buy a £80 usb stick. I couldn't log on to Mini Connect. It's so buggy and crashes at almost every selection. I emailed MIni Connect: they haven't botthered to reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came across this MEGA link the other day. It contains the latest european maps for the following systems;

Way (LCI Cars)
Evo (Pre LCI Cars)
Move
Route
Motion
Next

Hi! Maps WAY 2020-1 is out, I can’t find the direct link. Have an opportunity to add?

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I’m confused, easily done. I just bought my ex demo LCI MCS and asked to make sure the maps are updated which they say they've done. So when I check, see below, it says I have Europe Way 2018-3 but also below that says I have Automatic Update for GB 2019-4. So do I have the latest maps or not and should I have had the full update to the Nav. Also if I get Europe Way 2020-1 does this give me anything extra?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I’m confused, easily done. I just bought my ex demo LCI MCS and asked to make sure the maps are updated which they say they've done. So when I check, see below, it says I have Europe Way 2018-3 but also below that says I have Automatic Update for GB 2019-4. So do I have the latest maps or not and should I have had the full update to the Nav. Also if I get Europe Way 2020-1 does this give me anything extra?

View attachment 68725
From what i understand the updates can take months to download as little parts. Always worth an update on maps, they are out of date when they issue them!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, of course now I know what I need the download link isn't working anymore. Does Way need a FSC code?
I am still getting my head around all this stuff. I think they all need codes, some are cheap and lifetime, ROUTE like mine is £40 and a new one required for each update.
Out of interest, I am near Bath and have Bimmercode if you need access to it!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks found that but it seems to have everything but WAY. It has EVO, ROUTE, PREMIUM and NEXT but can't find WAY or am I reading it wrong. THe WAY 2020-1 I found is 13.96GB but there are no peers at present.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Found a WAY 2020-1 downloaded and installed, thanks. Don't know why it is so difficult on Mini when BMW Owners can just sign into Connected and download their new Maps there. The Mini Connected site says this is being rolled out to certain regions and languages but no way of telling who or where.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Don't know why it is so difficult on Mini when BMW Owners can just sign into Connected and download their new Maps there.
You have hit the nail on the head there. MINI dealers are useless at giving advice on this too. They frequently don't know the procedure, or try to sell you an add on pay monthly service to do it.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts