Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
8 Posts
Just reviewing the post and sorry for a newbie question.
I want to update the current satnav in the car, the image is current but i have no idea what it is from
Way (LCI Cars)
Evo (Pre LCI Cars)
Move
Route
Motion
Next

I note it displays route, but does this refer to route above or that its a Europe route?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
thank you. Am i likely to need an activation code?
From a summary of the posts on here, it seems to be a 50/50 chance. Download the maps and try to install. Only buy an FSC code if it asks. They seem to come through quickly from the ebay sellers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thank you. Am i likely to need an activation code?
Hi. You are likely to need a FSC Activation Code. It has taken me a while to figure, but I believe for each update, i.e. 2020-2 (just out) it will cost you £40 from eBay, then next update 2020-3 (3-4 updates a year) you have to pay again. For other systems you can but a one off code for lifetime. I would much like to understand if there is a lifetime code for Route Maps.

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
8 Posts
From a summary of the posts on here, it seems to be a 50/50 chance. Download the maps and try to install. Only buy an FSC code if it asks. They seem to come through quickly from the ebay sellers.
If i begin the install and it then needs a code, will it render the current maps useless and unusable, or can it be rolled back or doesnt begin install without the code?

And hopefully final question of the night - do i put on a memory stick all the files from the download, unziped or are their particular instructions i need to follow

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
8 Posts
Hi. You are likely to need a FSC Activation Code. It has taken me a while to figure, but I believe for each update, i.e. 2020-2 (just out) it will cost you £40 from eBay, then next update 2020-3 (3-4 updates a year) you have to pay again. For other systems you can but a one off code for lifetime. I would much like to understand if there is a lifetime code for Route Maps.
Yes i just noticed that the codes only from ebay was the most expensive of all the versions! :(
and only a one off

·
Registered
41 Posts
If i begin the install and it then needs a code, will it render the current maps useless and unusable, or can it be rolled back or doesnt begin install without the code?

And hopefully final question of the night - do i put on a memory stick all the files from the download, unziped or are their particular instructions i need to follow
So on mine I unzipped the file, it left a folder and 2 files. I copied these to the route of a 32gb USB (18GB OR SO IN TOTAL formatted fat32). Switched ignition on and let the map boot up. Plug in the USB stick in and it booted up. The 2020-1 route map installed no issues. Took 30mins on the drive to work. The latest 2020-2 asked for a code I need to buy. Unplugged the usb and restarted the maps all ok..
Before I started any of this I updated the stereo software from here
MINI Connectivity

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
If your car needs a code you will be asked for one before it does anything, no changes will be made until you enter it. So there is nothing to roll back.

Download the files, unzip them and copy the files into the root of a memory stick formatted as exFAT.

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
8 Posts
So on mine I unzipped the file, it left a folder and 2 files. I copied these to the route of a 32gb USB (18GB OR SO IN TOTAL formatted fat32). Switched ignition on and let the map boot up. Plug in the USB stick in and it booted up. The 2020-1 route map installed no issues. Took 30mins on the drive to work. The latest 2020-2 asked for a code I need to buy. Unplugged the usb and restarted the maps all ok..
Before I started any of this I updated the stereo software from here
MINI Connectivity
Thanks fir the link... my software is out of date so will do that first.
Can you point me to the 2020-1 file?

·
Registered
2015 Cooper 2.0 SD F55
8 Posts
Thanks for the link, unfortunately thats the Way version, im after the route

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

My partner just got a 2015 cooper sd (uk '65 plate), and the maps seem to be way out of date, so read through this and other threads, but for the life of me I cannot find where in the in-car system that the version of maps is stated. Anybody got any pointers. please?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

My partner just got a 2015 cooper sd (uk '65 plate), and the maps seem to be way out of date, so read through this and other threads, but for the life of me I cannot find where in the in-car system that the version of maps is stated. Anybody got any pointers. please?

Thanks,

Pete
If I remember, You should go in navigation screen (just select Navigation), than option in the joystick and at the bottom you'll find a voice with the infos. I can't assure is the right way because I don't have the car now, so I can't check it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my system - Go into the Nav app. Flick the joystick to the left. Scroll down to the bottom app. Press the joystick. Scroll to the bottom option. Press the joystick. Push the joystick to the right then click it down?????
Or very similar. Gets me to a screen that shows the map year, e.g. 2020-1 and the type - Entrynav-Route-(letters and numbers).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks both for the input, but I can't seem to find from the menus. Here is what I get:

Opening Nav screen

I scroll to the info icon at the bottom left and click on it to get this

I then scroll to the gearcog (settings?) icon and click and get this

After selecting "further options" I get the next 2 screenshots

I am patently missing something, but so far will have spent around an hour or so in total trying to fiddle around in the system to find the basic "about" info for the map type and date.

Thanks so far for the help and patience,

Pete

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks both for the input, but I can't seem to find from the menus. Here is what I get:

Opening Nav screen
View attachment 68763

I scroll to the info icon at the bottom left and click on it to get this

View attachment 68764

I then scroll to the gearcog (settings?) icon and click and get this
View attachment 68765

After selecting "further options" I get the next 2 screenshots
View attachment 68766
View attachment 68767

I am patently missing something, but so far will have spent around an hour or so in total trying to fiddle around in the system to find the basic "about" info for the map type and date.

Thanks so far for the help and patience,

Pete
In the screen tht displays "show further options" flick the joystick to the right???
I will test mine in a bit and send some pictures. Mine is a 2016 system.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts