Mini Cooper Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
In the screen tht displays "show further options" flick the joystick to the right???
I will test mine in a bit and send some pictures. Mine is a 2016 system.
Thanks both for the input, but I can't seem to find from the menus. Here is what I get:

Opening Nav screen
View attachment 68763

I scroll to the info icon at the bottom left and click on it to get this

View attachment 68764

I then scroll to the gearcog (settings?) icon and click and get this
View attachment 68765

After selecting "further options" I get the next 2 screenshots
View attachment 68766
View attachment 68767

I am patently missing something, but so far will have spent around an hour or so in total trying to fiddle around in the system to find the basic "about" info for the map type and date.

Thanks so far for the help and patience,

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried what I said? With navigation screen (1st photo). Push the option botton in the joystick (it should be in the rear at left side). Then search the option...

Edit: like in the last photo. Great!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried what I said? With navigation screen (1st photo). Push the option button in the joystick (it should be in the rear at left side). Then search the option...

Edit: like in the last photo. Great!
yes, just done the "options" button while on the map screen and hey presto, I got the option to find the version.

it has "Road Map EUROPE Next 2018-1" - so, i will go fetch the more recent version of "...Next..." and try to upload it (provided I can find a large enough capacity USB memory stick).

Thanks all for your help, fingers crossed the next steps will go a bit more smoothly!

Pete

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes, just done the "options" button while on the map screen and hey presto, I got the option to find the version.

it has "Road Map EUROPE Next 2018-1" - so, i will go fetch the more recent version of "...Next..." and try to upload it (provided I can find a large enough capacity USB memory stick).

Thanks all for your help, fingers crossed the next steps will go a bit more smoothly!

Pete
Well done. Lots of NEXT FSC LIFETIME codes available on fleebay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody find the Mega site a bit useless? I downloaded the app and tried to download the specific maps I needed only to be hit with a "you've reached your limit" type message even though I hadn't actually downloaded anything and they claim to allow 50GB or something like that?

I will continue to persevere!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anybody find the Mega site a bit useless? I downloaded the app and tried to download the specific maps I needed only to be hit with a "you've reached your limit" type message even though I hadn't actually downloaded anything and they claim to allow 50GB or something like that?

The 50Gb is your storage limit. There is also a free bandwidth limit too which is what you are hitting. I think it is over a 6 hour period. Just leave the download running and it will get there eventually.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The 50Gb is your storage limit. There is also a free bandwidth limit too which is what you are hitting. I think it is over a 6 hour period. Just leave the download running and it will get there eventually.
You can pay to remove the limit. It just depends on how impatient you are!

·
Registered
41 Posts

It can be a little slower but I have found it much safer than a lot of the options. I always download to my computer rather than cloud and have never had any problems. As another answer said, set it to download (change your power setting so the PC doesnt sleep) and chill out 👍😊

·
Registered
48 Posts
No idea if its out yet as certainly cannot find it anywhere that's a Europe EVO 2020-1 map
Updated a month back to 2019-4 with a code from ebay lifetime £25 instead instead of a single one for £17.99 I think it was brilliant service and really helpful... and all on a sunday...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think that the last EVO version actually is 2019-04 and NEXT is 2020-02 (downloaded yesterday the West Europe version).
I'm quite sure because I've Next in my Cooper S and my girlfriend has Evo in her Cooper D. So I usualy check monthly if there are new maps (of these two types)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to ask, but does the update affect the graphics or just the map data? I have a 2015 car and would like the LCI map graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
No. Only update maps. I don't know how to chance the aspect. I think that the LCI graphic could only be present in LCI car (beacause of HW).
I asked for a SW update for my 2014 MCS (for the engine, I mean the F56. Xx.Xx) but it results updated to the last version. And it'is not the last graphic with new Green Mode and Water Temperature. Anyone knows If is not possibile to update to the last software (or a newer version with new graphics) anyway?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts