Mini Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a thread for navigation update: you have to buy a code (better a lifetime one) and download the right version map for your car.

Also, you can free update the connection software going to:

At least, you can update the car software (new graphics for Green Mode, water temp, new little improvements) going to Mini official garage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello, I have a 2014 F56 mini, can anyone tell me how I can update the software? because I don't understand?!
Go to this site below, download the file to a Fat32 formatted USB drive. Switch the ignition on start the engine (so the car doesnt power down). Put the USB stick into the USB slot. Follow the prompts on the display.

·
Registered
429 Posts
These guys have some torrent links for free downloads.

Just installed the EVO 2020-1 update from these links. All good, torrent took about 45 hours to get the files, rar extract about 30-40 mins and download to car a further 45-60 mins. All done from a MacBook Pro (OS 10.10.5 Yosemite), used Folx for the torrent and unarchiver to extract. Files copied to a 64GB SD card and plugged into the car with a USB SD card reader.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone a direct download for the EVO 2020-1 update? Thank for the one above anonemouse70, but you have to buy something and register with them to enable the download. Unless I am missing something.
Appreciate anyone's help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Has anyone a direct download for the EVO 2020-1 update? Thank for the one above anonemouse70, but you have to buy something and register with them to enable the download. Unless I am missing something.
Appreciate anyone's help.
I had used them in the past so I had an account, they don't actually charge you it just gets processed by their systems as a zero cost purchase so they can send you the link. I think this is partly to get you to sign up but it also makes it easier fro them to build the website from a transactional point of view.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found it. To download change .txt to .torrent -> Downloading now....

RAR Pwd: EVO_2020_2_FOR_CT
Hi, Can you let me know how to change the file from .txt to .torrent, seem to be having a bit of trouble making it work with my torrent downloader. Must be missing something very simple.
Thanks for your help, its appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
System: option show file extention selected.
Then change from. txt to. torrent as told.
If you try to change the name without extention shown, you will only rename the file and it will have not effect on the "type" of the file.

·
Registered
23 Posts
System: option show file extention selected.
Then change from. txt to. torrent as told.
If you try to change the name without extention shown, you will only rename the file and it will have not effect on the "type" of the file.
Thanks for your assistance, I knew it had to be something simple. Downloading now.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts