Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a recommendation for alloy wheel care. I've been cleaning and detailing weekly every Sunday, and was surprised by the amount of brake dust and dirt that covered the wheels over the space of a single week.

However last week I bought a can of Autoglym Wheel Protector spray and have been very impressed so far. Much better than their bumper gel that I've experienced. I cleaned up the wheels as normal, then just sprayed the wheel protector on to coat the whole alloy, and after a week the wheels still look very noticeably bright silver.

Just wanted to share my findings as was very impressed, price was only a tenner or so too.

· Registered
1,654 Posts
I have used that and liked it....however if you have the capability of removing wheels, I much prefer GTECHNIQ C5 Wheel Armour.

This has been my job this afternoon for my winter alloys...decontaminated, polished and treated with C5......

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used that and liked it....however if you have the capability of removing wheels, I much prefer GTECHNIQ C5 Wheel Armour.

This has been my job this afternoon for my winter alloys...decontaminated, polished and treated with C5......

Wow, unfortunately I just clean the wheels on the car. Got the victory spokes too which are the most awkward shape to clean! Currently using a Meguiars wheel spray, can't remember the name, but seems to melt the dirt off the wheels, then finishing with the autoglym spray. Hopefully I won't get any more annoying chips on them for a while.

· Registered
97 Posts

+1 for C5, used this for loads of alloys, on all my cars over the last few years. Coating on the Porsche wheels lasted about 18 months. It is a wheels off job, so is a bit of a faff.

Cleaning now is no problem, usually snow foam, brush, rinse.

· Registered
49 Posts

Think that might be a winter job for me, but one wheel at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,654 Posts
+1 for C5, used this for loads of alloys, on all my cars over the last few years. Coating on the Porsche wheels lasted about 18 months. It is a wheels off job, so is a bit of a faff.

Cleaning now is no problem, usually snow foam, brush, rinse.
We couldn't get the jack under our Boxster.....AMDetails did ours :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.