Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm currently looking to buy my first Mini. A F56 Cooper preferably i Volcanic Orange with black roof...

I'm from Denmark so the prices are a bit hefty ;-)

I would really like to fit black wheels on it since I think it spices up the looks quite a bit, and the standard 15" wheels do not really meet the looks of the car ...

I like the look of the Victory Spoke black, and 16" would do fine for me, but the price for a set of those in DK is 1500 GBP !! Thats just a bit over the top.

Do you guys have some advise to where to get Alloys for my Mini, preferably original, but unoriginal would do as well?

Have tried looking at Ebay, but haven't had any luck..

Thanks in advance..

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
i find mytyres.co.uk really good and very reasonable-got my winter alloys from them. they are germany based to bound to have a website you can use!
J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks...

Actually we have a danish pendant for that, it just do not have much to chose from :) ...

Do you by the way know, if is has to be 66,5 center bore, or if 66,6 will do. The 66,5 is quite rare compared to 66,6.

Perhaps it is better to go for a center ring from 57.1 to 66,5

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Sorry no idea re centre ring but my dezent alloys came with plastic spigots to fit; very impressed and there seems a reasonable choice on the uk website. They also now do the tpms system! Good luck
J

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi ,

if you haven't bought your car yet why would you want to buy 15" wheels and then buy an additional set of 16" wheels ? Can your dealer not do a simple upgrade on the wheels for a small increase in price?

Any way I have a brand new set of 16" black victory alloys with delivery mile tyres
( Michelin 195/55R16 )

You can have them for £800 for the set.. They come with TPMS as well

Not sure how you would get them over to Denmark though

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ,

if you haven't bought your car yet why would you want to buy 15" wheels and then buy an additional set of 16" wheels ? Can your dealer not do a simple upgrade on the wheels for a small increase in price?

Any way I have a brand new set of 16" black victory alloys with delivery mile tyres
( Michelin 195/55R16 )

You can have them for £800 for the set.. They come with TPMS as well

Not sure how you would get them over to Denmark though
Thanks for the answer and the offer :)

Actually there are two reasons for that. Firstly we normally run on winter tires from October to April, and if I get them to upgrade, I will have to get some other winter alloys. Secondly the price of £1500 is for the upgrade from 15" to 16". If I were to buy them next to the 15" the price tag is £2400.

So if I buy them from you I will have £1600 for dealing with transport. ;-)

Anything car related in DK is expensive

I will give It a thought

Thanks again

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you are looking to import a set of wheels from the uk have a look at a company called Paisley Freight, they ship all over Europe and maybe they can offer a better price, or contact a MINI dealer in Northern Germany for a price then its only a day out to collect them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pictures of wheels
Look great, but now I'm quite unsure if I will be able to use them...

Problem is that the F56 has different ET related to the Factory alloy fit.

If you got it delivered with 15" then the ET is 46. If you got it delivered with 16" the ET is 54.

That means I would need 46, but yours are most likely 54...

Wondering if they are just doing that to cause trouble ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Farouche,

I think you are over thinking this , the difference in the offset is to allow for the difference in wheel width i.e so the wheel sits exactly where it should , so the wider the wheel the higher the offset will be . These were taken straight off a F56 mini and the factory won't be messing about with spacers regardless of what wheel (15",16",17" or 18") is fitted.
The wheel is designed to fit straight on the hub with the offset being correct for each wheel. When you mix manufacturers then I can understand why you would need to be careful , but in this case not a problem

Other people on this forum will hopefully :) confirm the accuracy of this statement.

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
Hi there Co2 slave is exactly right, all mini wheels are interchangeable; the only issues you will have will be that the 15'' wheels wont fit on a cooper s etc due to the larger brake callipers, but offsets etc all fine! if you've had 15" wheels on already then any genuine min f56 wheel will fit ie 15-18" inc! To maintain same rolling circumference mini then fit lower profile tyres each time you move up a size !
J

·
Registered
235 Posts
Another alternative is OZ wheels, they come with metal spigots not the usual plastic ones that come with cheaper wheels.

Reactions: jeremybingham
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.