Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got recommendations for alternative brake pads and discs for the JCW? Brake pads are not covered under my servicing plan and I'm concerned they wear out a lot faster than other cars (mine are squealing at 5800kms).

If anyone knows of alternatives or even the part number for the stock pads that would be great!

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
That is a bit strange, I have done over 6500km and still no problems. Haven't inspected them as yet. Are you driving too carefully with them. I know these brakes are pretty soft but with some harder brakews, if you take it too easy on them, they shine up the disks and start to loose their effectiveness and can start to squeak a bit.
If this is the case, you may need to machine the disks again so the pads have a better bite?

As for the pad part numbers, cant help there but i'm sure I will be looking as some stage.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep turns out there are a number of different scenarios which can cause brakes to squeal, i'm going to book it into service and see what they say. They don't make sound under hard braking, only when slowly coming to a complete stop. I wouldn't say I'm driving like a grandma :) I'm driving the car like most cars on the road, albeit maybe slightly more spirited from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Drop the pads out and gently sand the surface with some coarse wet and dry sandpaper. Apply thin film copper ease to pad backs making sure non goes on any rubber parts eg dust boot. Check the sliding pins slide to. That should cure it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.