Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been thinking about putting together an alternative gauge set up. As in using a tablet, such as a kindle fire, connecting it to a Wireless OBDII sensor and utilizing one of the many gauge apps that are available.

Do you have any suggestions on mounts/setups that you know of or think might be best for this application?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend has done this on a R55, he used a old smart phone and windscreen mounted...
Do you know what OBDII connector he used, and an app to recommend? By chance?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have just received the Carly BMW OBDII Bluetooth .
I need the android app and I will able to do a lot of things...
I'm still undecided 0:) whether to buy even this second version :)crying: after buying the first version) !

·
Registered
587 Posts
One month from Germany...through Amazon.it
A nightmare.

The second version seems to be necessary for the F5x minis

...E mi sento un cretino a parlare in inglese con te!
IDEM (me too) :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Carly seems very good, but costs 40 EUR plus 40 EUR for the Pro version of the app?
A total of 80 EUR, this is not the best deal for me, unless I'm missing something...
But is faster and easier than using a laptop...just to perform some configuration points as the T of tyres...the start/stop memory... the espresso mode for the coffee machine...0:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
But is faster and easier than using a laptop...just to perform some configuration points as the T of tyres...the start/stop memory... the espresso mode for the coffee machine...0:)
Yes, perhaps you're right, I'm not fully aware of the capabilities of the Carly system., I will look more into it.
For the espresso mode... it was not in the options I was offered...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.