Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum users, I was wondering if you can help me.
Im looking to purchase the jcw leather dinamica sport seats (image of them shown below) and I wondering if I can retrofit fit them in my car or would that not work? I have an F56 MINI One w/JCW kit. I would buy a JCW but the insurance Price for my age is too high. If this is possible, couls someone let me know where I could purchase them? I live in the UK if that helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I do not how the Mini Dealers in the UK do things but here in the States the Dealers do not sell the complete seats only piece/parts for the seats as far as wiring and bolt in they should fit just fine at least that is what my Dealer told me. I am looking for a wrecked JCW myself to get a hold of them seats.;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
eBay probably. It's unlikely the dealer will sell them and even if they did parts + fitting would be close if not more than the additional insurance premium without any of the benefits... you'd be better off saving the cash and buying a JCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello forum users, I was wondering if you can help me.
Im looking to purchase the jcw leather dinamica sport seats (image of them shown below) and I wondering if I can retrofit fit them in my car or would that not work? I have an F56 MINI One w/JCW kit. I would buy a JCW but the insurance Price for my age is too high. If this is possible, couls someone let me know where I could purchase them? I live in the UK if that helps!
I can see why you'd want those fantastic seats in your MINI One, they really are good. Just beware though (if you're obtaining and fitting yourself) that they have safety features in them like airbags and seat-belt pretensioners etc. For all I know might even have a control module in a seat these days!!

Point is, please be sure not to fudge up any of the safety systems when you do this, or set off an airbag! (Does anyone know if they do have airbags mounted in the seats?)

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Does anyone know if they do have airbags mounted in the seats?
I thought I saw a picture that explicitly noted there was an airbag on the side of the seat. I lost the link but here's the MINI image that shows deployed airbags. It makes sense that there might be side impact airbag isolated from the structure that is absorbing the impact (the door).

So, yeah. Don't putz with the seats. Buy a JCW.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I put Jcw recaro Gp1 seats in my r53,
Had battery disconnected whilst i fitted on my drive;)

All good for 80k
Nobody died,

Sometimes "risks and rewards" get mixed up....>:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts