Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
487 Posts
@Parky14 I have the smaller nav screen and can see sit view between map and entertainment details on Apple Car Play, although on a smaller scale to the above.
If you click on the dots in the bottom corner it will scroll through a screen with the apps, one screen showing whatever app you’ve selected and then the split screen option.
Sorry I meant how do I get my software updated to the new UI.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hello, what are the steps in order to get this new UI?
Hi Milky - the user on this forum named ndal2 flashed and coded my car to make this work.

Some people who have used other coders have ended up unable to switch color schemes (between sport and lounge), or the switching from the headunit only changes the headunit and not the digital cluster.

With ndal2’s coding, I have none of these problems - mine works exactly as it should.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After the coding, do your control buttons below the e-brake match the onscreen functions? It seems set for the 2021+ models which are labeled differently:

MEDIA - - MAP
|
COM - - - NAV

instead of...

MEDIA - - TEL
|
RADIO - - NAV

I’ve installed mine but won’t be able to code it for a few more days and I’ve noticed the button, and the ring light doesn’t get evoked by drive mode changes (though the rest of the ambient lights do, weirdly). There’s no “Driving Mode” option in the central lighting setup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also how do you get your MINI Connected panel to show weather? I’ve connected the app, and it recognizes my car in real time, but can’t find anyway in the car or phone app to utilize it for weather like you have. It’s just a useless blank item for me. Coming up empty on Google...

·
Registered
2 Posts
On some of the other automotive forums it's been said that on the EntryNav2 units (haven't tried an NBT Evo unit) as long as you are on the latest firmware version (I-Step) you only need to change two items in the headunit coding.

HMI_ID_VERSION: id6_light [03]
HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION: modern [01]

If you aren't on the latest I-Step, you'll need to update the headunit via E-Sys or ISTA to the latest version first and then update the coding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just went to have a look. My dealer updated my car when I picked it up a few weeks ago and if I look via Bimmercode, I see HMI_ID_VERSION: id6_light [03] as a option, but not the other one, HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION: modern [01] .

For fun I coded just the first and yeah, just stuck at the JCW logo. So coded it back.

I guess there is something else needed. I'll ask ndal2 ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just went to have a look. My dealer updated my car when I picked it up a few weeks ago and if I look via Bimmercode, I see HMI_ID_VERSION: id6_light [03] as a option, but not the other one, HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION: modern [01] .

For fun I coded just the first and yeah, just stuck at the JCW logo. So coded it back.

I guess there is something else needed. I'll ask ndal2 ;)
Do you know what I-Level your vehicle is on? It has to be on the very latest, 21-03. It's likely your vehicle was only updated with 20-11.

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
490 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do you know what I-Level your vehicle is on? It has to be on the very latest, 21-03. It's likely your vehicle was only updated with 20-11.
Just checked -> F056-20-11-557.

Cheeky guys, I asked them to update the car when I took delivery (middle of Feb) but maybe that was the latest then. I have a enet/OBD2 cable and ALL the software but I am just wondering how much of a hassle it is, especially if I need to put the FSC codes back in.... hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
490 Posts
No even if u can it wont work right.
Thanks, Kind of what I expected.

I'll wait until I can find a newer display.

I'm guessing I'll need to change the head unit as well? Or can I put a touch display on my existing head unit?

I know it's not quite the same, but the controller by the gearstick has touch input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it now possible to switch between fullscreen and split view car play?
Sometimes I want my nav side by side of car play...

21 - 40 of 70 Posts