Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey ndal I still plan to hit you up again once someone out there verifies existence of the "Driving Modes" option on the new UI. That YouTube dealer commenter is a bum and never delivered, and so far the 2022 models haven't shown up here locally. But I've seen two more marketing videos so far where the ring lights up like it used to, so I know it's buried in there somewhere... example:

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
490 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am new to forum and have a 66 plate clubman F54 - how do i know if i can update my UI? Nav systems says its RL_EntreyNav_I16293A.

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
490 Posts
i am new to forum and have a 66 plate clubman F54 - how do i know if i can update my UI? Nav systems says its RL_EntreyNav_I16293A.
It's unlikely that you can without upgrading your hardware.

I too have a 66 plate, I have the 8.8 screen, but it isn't touch. My head unit is an ID4 and you need an ID5 or above.

@ndal2 might be able to help identify your head unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, do you know if it works with a 2021 6.5” display? Mine has Carplay but don’t know if it supports this new software

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi eyalco101. I’ll pm you more details, but the headunit you need to reliably run the firmware that supports CarPlay will only support a non-touchscreen through the 18-03 version of the firmware. Newer firmware versions will require the touchscreen. The interface on the 18-03 firmware is a little different than the one immediately preceding the 21-03 version. It’s also worth noting that Minis didn’t support fullscreen CarPlay until the 20-07 firmware, so if you want to stick with the non-touch screen, you can’t have fullscreen CarPlay.

I’ll write more soon by pm.
Would like to know this also I don’t mind the split screen I would just like to update mine to enable CarPlay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Would like to know this also I don’t mind the split screen I would just like to update mine to enable CarPlay
Hi - I PM’d you. We’ll need to determine what hardware your car came with (or currently has installed) to determine what your options are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I PM’d you. We’ll need to determine what hardware your car came with (or currently has installed) to determine what your options are.
Hi, I would like to also contact you to know what can I do with the hardware I have (because I don't know if ndal got my msg).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi All. I started this thread and @ndal2 and I continue to help with remote software updates (for the new interface), CarPlay activations, enabling fullscreen CarPlay, along with other coding changes.

Please continue to reach out with any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All. I started this thread and @ndal2 and I continue to help with remote software updates (for the new interface), CarPlay activations, enabling fullscreen CarPlay, along with other coding changes.

Please continue to reach out with any questions.
Hi can you let me j ow what you need in order to do mine please. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
@jokatsim - I noticed the graphics of your digital cluster don’t appear to match the graphics on your headunit.

The color scheme on your digital cluster should change between lounge (blue) and sport (black) when you change between lounge and sport on the headunit.

Do your color schemes switch properly? Both in the headunit and the digital cluster?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello everyone.
Another 5-star job from BIMMER REMOTE - BMW CarPlay Activation, Fullscreen, Coding, GTS F8x

30 minutes to update my 2020 JCW F60 to the amazing new UI and full screen Car Play.

A highly recommended move for your precious Mini from the best out there: BIMMER REMOTE - BMW CarPlay Activation, Fullscreen, Coding, GTS F8x

Attaching photos for your reference View attachment 73730 View attachment 73731 View attachment 73732 View attachment 73733 View attachment 73734
Flashed only the hu i guess. More modules need to be flashed in order for all functions to work

There is just a couple of guys that really know what they are doing. Its @ndal2 and @sb2002 they were the first knowing how things should be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have noticed I have Sport mode on. On the HU have locked lounge mode but on cluster I have the sport mode.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts