Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys been offered a new factory order car from a mini dealer in the uk for

£0 deposit and £223.84 per month over 48 months with the ballon payment at the end and £ 665 off any options is this a good deal or should i be looking for better ?

this is on a base cooper in moonwalk grey

cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
ok guys been offered a new factory order car from a mini dealer in the uk for

£0 deposit and £223.84 per month over 48 months with the ballon payment at the end and £ 665 off any options is this a good deal or should i be looking for better ?

this is on a base cooper in moonwalk grey

cheers

Without knowing more details it's hard to tell, but in principle due to depreciation a new car is rarely good value.

Exactly what options are on the car, the Grey is usually a good deal as for some reason they struggle to shift the colour.

What APR / interest rate are you getting?

I would say initially it looks fairly good, although, depending on the balloon payment...?

To compare my PCP on my 64 plate cooper with Chilli and Media (+ a few extra bits), is £160 a month with £1000 down over 48 months at 5%... total car value £13000 with £750 saving. Future value of the car is approx £6500. - This was used with 7000 miles on the clock.

Now clearly new car deals are usually better, but I wanted some toys so it became more expensive, plus the Cooper S doesn't work for London.

Having looked on AutoTrader you can probably get a used one 64 or 15 plate with low miles, Chilli, media and LED lights for about £200 a month possibly £220 with no deposit.

It really depends on what you want and whether it happens to be new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you're just ordering a base spec car then I reckon you'll probably get a better deal finding a car that a dealer already has in stock.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
It sounds a very good deal to me-if the balloon payment is sensible; what are they quoting you on that?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That sounds expensive to me, I pay £288 a month over 48 months on a car specified to £25,910.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The deal was:

RRP: £25,910

Loyalty Contribution: £750

Dealer Contribution: £1,500

Customer Deposit: £3,000

8,000 miles over 48 months.

You're paying £3128 more over 48 months...

If you include the deposit, essentially your car needs to have over £6128 worth of options before his car would be a worse deal...?

Not knowing the spec of your car can't comment. But I wouldn't say his is that bad...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Firstly welcome along :)

Moonwalk Grey is now a no cost option.

I assume this is one the dealer has already spec'd and has to take delivery?

As said it really depends on the spec as you can add nearly £10k to a base car!

Your title says Cooper S then you refer to a Cooper, which is also important to know?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You're paying £3128 more over 48 months...

If you include the deposit, essentially your car needs to have over £6128 worth of options before his car would be a worse deal...?

Not knowing the spec of your car can't comment. But I wouldn't say his is that bad...

Well a standard Cooper starts at £15,625.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts