Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

A couple of months ago I bought a 2017 Mini Cooper S. I live in Sweden, the car is sold as factory-new i Sweden, and the car is produced 2017-06.

It seems like I have no LED-ring on the centre console... Is that even possible? I have search among both low spec and high spec vehicles from around 2015-2018, and all seems to have that LED-ring.

This is how it looks like in mine:
(on other cars you can see the LED-ring even when it is turned off, but mine seems to have a solid high gloss black ring around the entire display...)

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's optional in some models in some markets. Yours is missing it (as you know!) It would be outside the chrome ring if you had it. Maybe a retrofit project, but I don't know what extra modules or coding might be needed - apart from the binnacle part itself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey, I think the ring is in the standard configuration, so no package is needed. There is a setting to have it completely switched off. Have you checked it is set to off?

·
Super Moderator
7,137 Posts
Could be. Keep us posted it can be switched off.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey, I think the ring is in the standard configuration, so no package is needed. There is a setting to have it completely switched off. Have you checked it is set to off?
The LED light ring is physically missing in @Calle_M's photo. There's no way it can be turned on until it's fitted ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all answers and ideas. I have actually read the instructions manual (not often that happens :) ) and I think I have figured out how to turn it on and off, and the menu seems to be there, but nothing happens. Then I started to compare how the black ring looks like compared to other cars, and found that there seems to be no LED-elements on mine. The car is otherwise quite well exuipped with Chili (maybe std on S version..), part leather seats, LED-headlights, 17-inch tentacle spoke wheels etc, so I am confused why the previous owner in that case would have skipped the option with the LED-ring... Especially since in sweden we have Mini One versions with almost no equipment, but they have the LED-ring!! :)

Does anyone know whats included in the Excitement pack? I have the Mini-logo projected on the ground when opening drivers door. Is that a sign of excitement pack?

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
100 Posts
On my 2017 Cooper (built in 2016) I had the Chili pack, Media XL pack and the Excitement pack.

Due to the build year I think I missed out on the logo projection, but with the Excitement pack I had the LED ring, multi-coloured ambient lighting in the cabin (interior door handles, foot wells), puddle lights when opening the doors and lights in the door handles when unlocking the car. I think it also came fitted with driving modes as standard as part of the pack.

I have never seen a Mini without the LED ring so I am confused. Maybe it’s broken? Do you have multi coloured ambient lighting? There should be a toggle in the roof to switch it on and off, and to change the colours.

Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
On my 2017 Cooper (built in 2016) I had the Chili pack, Media XL pack and the Excitement pack.

Due to the build year I think I missed out on the logo projection, but with the Excitement pack I had the LED ring, multi-coloured ambient lighting in the cabin (interior door handles, foot wells), puddle lights when opening the doors and lights in the door handles when unlocking the car. I think it also came fitted with driving modes as standard as part of the pack.

I have never seen a Mini without the LED ring so I am confused. Maybe it’s broken? Do you have multi coloured ambient lighting? There should be a toggle in the roof to switch it on and off, and to change the colours.

Good luck!
There are mate. My wifes mini one f56 has no led ring

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yet again, thanks for your answers. And yes, I have the muli coloured ambient lighting, in foot well and door handles etc. Also exterior lights in door handles when unlocking the car. That is why I am so confused why there seems to be not LED-ring. No major issue for me really (since I would probably have it mostly turned of anyway), but still confused why it´s missing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts