Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a very new feature but I’ve got a new 2021 F56 and wondered if anyone knows a way of getting Alexa to work, if it’s something that can be coded?

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have Alexa support on board, you should be able to download the new MINI app (iPhone or Android now) and link your Amazon account to MINI Connected. For Android the older MINI Connected app did not support this.

If you haven't got Alexa as an item, then I don't know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not sure how you can tell if you have it. I’m guessing I don’t because it sets up fine in the app, but doesn’t work in the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
May I ask what you've tried in the car? You should have an 'Alexa' option under the 'Mini Connected' section.

Mine works. After linking my Mini and Amazon accounts in the MINI app, I did the following:
1) Connect phone to the Mini via Bluetooth
2) Start the MINI app on the phone, you should be able to minimise it.
3) Under the connected phone's setup in the Mini, select 'Apps', it should show 'Connecting' and then return.
4) Click the speech button on the steering wheel, wait for the beep and say 'Alexa, what's the time', Alexa's voice should respond through your Mini's sound system.

Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I get when I view your attachment is a message which I think may be from the forum here:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

Is that what the MINI app displays or did your attachment go missing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also borked for me.

What's funny, a few weeks ago I was playing with the app and saw the Third Party Integrations bit, saw Alexa...set it up, but yeah, car "not supported".
Then I remembered, my connected account was originally from Germany (don't ask) and yeah, I'm in NL. OK, new account, re-add the car, etc etc...now no option for third party/alexa at all.
Hmmmmmm
They do advertise it here in NL, so I have no idea.
Also, when I look in the FAQ in the app, no more mention of Alexa (I am sure I saw it there in the past).

Lame.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In this video it says you need to "Update MINI Services" in the MINI Connected menu of the car during setup:

That video is a bit old as it's showing the old app (also, the hub in that is completely empty now) and I did update the mini services (via the option button in the connected section). I also logged in there with my account as well (it's an option).

Still no love.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I know it's old but it should require the same steps. I can't try it on mine as I don't have it right now, but I'll give it a go when I get it back if you haven't already got it working. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
It looks like it's been setup in the electric courtesy car I'm currently driving. I don't want to mess around with it though as it obviously won't be connected to my account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts