Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed an issue with mine - just wondering if anyone else's has the same

I have the lighting cycling through the colours, and have noticed that the colour around the screen is slightly out of sync with the colours from above, in the door handles and footwells. It seems there isn't enough of the "green" around the display. Eventually it resets itself every cycle so it's only partially out of sync but if you select a static colour and go for a mid green from above, the ring around the screen is a definite acid yellow :/

Not sure how this has happened but it's been bugging me for a while, was hoping the USB software update might fix it but it hasn't.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to jump on here... but how do you get the lights to cycle through? Mine just stay on the colour I set them to.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Press and hold the roof toggle for 30 seconds until the lights flash twice for confirmation

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pish and hold the switch for a few seconds, it will go into disco mode
It should be obvious to any safe driver, but it may be worth stressing that male drivers, who will only attempt this when wearing a decent-sized medallion visible throuigh their unbuttoned-to-the-waist shirt, should be sure to choose a matt finish medallion since a shiny one may cause dangerous reflections of the disco lights.;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you all hijacked my thread! meanies :( :D

so nobody else has this issue? might send it in to be looked at - hopefully they can factory reset it to fix it. can't be a hardware issue that I can think of as it's just an algorithm to run through the RGB spectrum!

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Me neither only tried it once and drove me nuts. I have mine as a rev counter.that way I can check on my wife's driving!!!

Reactions: Hat

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
All of those blinky modes annoy the snot out of me. I have mine set to ambient, which produces a constant, very pretty blue glow, with green highlights when auto-stop kicks in.

So I get a little color, but avoid being hypnotized by the LED ring going nuts.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Ill try to have a look, p, see what mine does.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have mine booked in tomorrow to look at this and get the JCW footrest (that was missing) fitted - will update on progress in case anyone else has the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Tried mine in this mode yesterday,no obvious sync issues . Seemed fine but a bit bright forr me switched it back to/ rev counter!

·
Registered
42 Posts
After reading your post, I ran mine in disco mode for a couple of days and it all seems to be in sync.

I did notice that twice the circle on the dash didn't come on at all... at least until I did something like turn on the radio and then it kicked on.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After reading your post, I ran mine in disco mode for a couple of days and it all seems to be in sync.

I did notice that twice the circle on the dash didn't come on at all... at least until I did something like turn on the radio and then it kicked on.
Mine does that too - And luck has it, it didn't come on first time when I demonstrated the sync issue to the service agent. He agreed there is definitely something not right (which is the first hurdle) - so now just waiting on the solution. I must admit I can't fault the service from my dealership so far.

Will update with his findings.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just had a call - they have tested against a few other F56s, and it appears to be following the same pattern as all others.

Not happy but I guess it's just the way of things.

They have fitted the JCW footrest though, so not a completely wasted event.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry folks, having trouble following some parts of this thread and matching it with what's going on in my BRG.
Profiteroles - when you talk about colours running through cycles, are you talking about the ambient lighting in the footwells & door handles only? Or do you mean that the LED ring around the central display is also in sync with those other lights?
Jeremy - what do you mean when you say you've got it set as a rev counter? Are you referring to the LED ring around the central display? If so, how do you make that setting?

In my car, that central LED ring doesn't seem to do as much as I thought it would, and I wonder whether it's working properly. I get RED/YELLOW/GREEN when switching between the 3 driving modes; I get a YELLOW ring that expands and contracts when I adjust the audio volume; adjusting the heating prompts some RED/BLUE interplay; auto-stop cutting in and out turns the ring GREEN; then there's the RED heartbeat after the ignition goes off. But that's about it, I think. The ring sometimes turns WHITE while I'm driving, and other times it's WHITE on the left and ORANGE on the right - but I don't seem to have any control over these colours. Is this more or less what you others have, or are you able to do more to customise the LED ring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry folks, having trouble following some parts of this thread and matching it with what's going on in my BRG.
Profiteroles - when you talk about colours running through cycles, are you talking about the ambient lighting in the footwells & door handles only? Or do you mean that the LED ring around the central display is also in sync with those other lights?
Jeremy - what do you mean when you say you've got it set as a rev counter? Are you referring to the LED ring around the central display? If so, how do you make that setting?

In my car, that central LED ring doesn't seem to do as much as I thought it would, and I wonder whether it's working properly. I get RED/YELLOW/GREEN when switching between the 3 driving modes; I get a YELLOW ring that expands and contracts when I adjust the audio volume; adjusting the heating prompts some RED/BLUE interplay; auto-stop cutting in and out turns the ring GREEN; then there's the RED heartbeat after the ignition goes off. But that's about it, I think. The ring sometimes turns WHITE while I'm driving, and other times it's WHITE on the left and ORANGE on the right - but I don't seem to have any control over these colours. Is this more or less what you others have, or are you able to do more to customise the LED ring?
If its white on the left and roange to the right that sounds like you have it in engine RPM mode.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
@Shigaman you should be able to fully adjust what the center display does. On my base radio it's directly under the Settings menu option (Settings --> Center Display [I think]). You can adjust brightness, colors, and how the display responds to events.

Agree with @jeri534, what you're seeing is engine RPM mode.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The issue I have is that when the ambient lighting is in cycle mode (hold the colour change toggle forwards for 30 seconds) the green in the door handles etc doesn't match the green ring.

In terms of your setup, it sounds like you have it in event mode - it will turn white when you change the climate settings (e.g. fan speed). if you change temp, the left and right will appear blue and red. It's all in the settings > central display.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Hi there shigaman yes it's settings central display then you can choose from a series of choices. I've ticked every box so mine is a rev counter but then when sat nav gives a direction it shows that, then temp change it shows that and blue for phone too. Love it but can't cope with it set to mood lights. Have a play it's fun!

Reactions: Shigaman
1 - 20 of 23 Posts