Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha you can tell I have a new mini... questions and more questions.

When I've got the car as I've unlocked the car and my ambient light (footweel and such) was set to rotating colours (disco mode) :). As I started the car and drove off ambient lights along the door and footwell went out. In other words they switched off automatically.

Then I've changed disco colours to red via the roof toggle switch. Fine, all ok.

However, now the ambient lights stay on all the time. I've held the toggle switch for 3 seconds and went back to rotating colours, they rotate fine but now they stay on.

How to I get back to auto ambient out as I drive off? I see ambient lights off and brightness adjustment in the menu but that's it. I could live with door lights on but the light in the footwell is driving me insane at night. Can't figure it out for the life of me!

Thanks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I wasn't aware of an option to turn them off, but I don't find them distracting at all. I only really notice them if I have something light coloured beside the cupholders, in the passenger footwell or the door pockets.

I don't like disco mode, but I do generally change the colour each time I drive the car, random I know.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine have always been on in both my current F56 SD and previous F56 D, never tried to turn them off - didn't pay extra for them to be off.
Agreed but footwell light on a pitch black out of city drive (drivers side) can be distracting.

Maybe its a transport thing and as soon as you fiddle with them they are on all the time!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I will just put some semi transparent tape onto the driver's side footwell light cluster. This should dim the driver's footwell brightness to acceptable level and the rest can shine away. :).

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi mate, I had a play with the settings last night, specifically the brightness. I live in the Scottish countryside, so at this time of the year it's dark by early evening. If I turn the brightness right down the footwells are very dim. When I cranked them up I did notice my knee was lit up by the door handle light which was more noticeable when driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.