Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which models, if any, in the Mini range this might apply to but just seen this on the Auto Express website about the latest over the air update from BMW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure which models, if any, in the Mini range this might apply to but just seen this on the Auto Express website about the latest over the air update from BMW

I don't think 'Android Auto' is supported on Mini.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do any MINIs get 'over the air' updates? Unless things changed recently, I don't think that's even a feature in MINIs.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This article from 2 years ago suggests any system with 4G capability might be able to receive the updates.

And this article suggests that all Mini's from March 2018 have the 4G setup.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This article from 2 years ago suggests any system with 4G capability might be able to receive the updates.

And this article suggests that all Mini's from March 2018 have the 4G setup.
Yep, the article does suggest that, and newer models from 2018 also have build in connectivity. I'd love to know if OTA software updates are in place for any MINIs. I'm fairly sure the maps do not update OTA like BMWs can. Maybe the leccy ones will get this.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have been prompted to install OTA map updates in my 2018 car. I said yes to the question on the headunit, but there was no evidence of it doing anything. The map version didn’t get updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think is something related to ATM modules.
As far as I know only some market have this chance.
Some BMW use ATM (with 4G Sim Card inside) in Italy too but dunno if official or imported from somewhere.
My mini (EU Market) came without ATM but instead had a native GPS module inside NBTevo so does the new EU NBT hw 4.1 (I did only reconnect the previous cable, coded to look for native GPS with esys and ready to go)

·
Registered
F57 Sidewalk Edition Cooper S
43 Posts
I think is something related to ATM modules.
As far as I know only some market have this chance.
Some BMW use ATM (with 4G Sim Card inside) in Italy too but dunno if official or imported from somewhere.
My mini (EU Market) came without ATM but instead had a native GPS module inside NBTevo so does the new EU NBT hw 4.1 (I did only reconnect the previous cable, coded to look for native GPS with esys and ready to go)
How do you check your NBT HW, do you need to umount and check the unit or is possible to check in the display? I am interested as I have a 6.5" tactil with no GPS in a MINI produced last September. Thanks and ciao

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do you check your NBT HW, do you need to umount and check the unit or is possible to check in the display? I am interested as I have a 6.5" tactil with no GPS in a MINI produced last September. Thanks and ciao
As far as I know Build Year would be useful to know if Entryevo (classic with 6.5) or Entryevo2 (from 2019 with 6.5/8.8)
Look eventually software and map section and post the pic
If you wanna Carplay then we have to know what's the best for you from what you've got.
If Entryevo2 I think there's no much room for exploit aside finding an NBT 4.1 and reprogram it (surely cheaper than my case btw...)

The big problem is that I want Android Auto not Carplay...never been an Apple user 😂😂🤦

1 - 10 of 10 Posts