Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Really disappointed about no full Android Auto support by Mini or BMW.
I just thought it's really a shame it is available in a lot of ~10k$ cars but is a no-go for our Minis or expensive BMWs.

I did install finally an ID6+Touch so I thought about possible software implementation.
Do you think is possible to patch the latest BMW Official Android Auto release (from 2days ago) to work with our ID6? I mean, something as our Carplay Full screen Patch..
Or do we have to wait and pray for an Official Mini solution (aside buyin' an iPhone ;) )

By the way, thanks for the multiple information in this forum, they really helped me a lot goin' through Retrofits!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
As we know carplay and android mirror is all just software and casting, since the unit has enough juice to run this if bmw adds it to the software its all possible you just code jt and inject the fsc done

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think so too.
Would be cool and necessary to obtain new code with native full Android Auto (not only Miracast as now) from the newly released BMW ID7 and start to make proofs or?

Btw, am I right when I talk about "Full Carplay Patch" from BMW 'cause Mini never released it? Is this the origin of "cutted corners problem" due to native square BMW LCDs?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bmw released fs carplay now on mini also. Its just fdl coding now on most models. You only need to install the latest psdz data

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know only that the newest release works on MGU ID7, dunno what are the hardware differences (if Evo is still in use) and if we have to modify something rather only inject them.
If you know more than me about it I listen gladly

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont know... im glad bmw and mini share the same hw... if it ever comes to bmw units it will come to mini short after for sure... but it could also bu apple paying bmw allot to only keep apple stuff on their units its all about the €€€€€€

1 - 7 of 7 Posts