Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an S5 and am thinking switching to the 5s for a variety of reasons, but wondering if compatibility with my MINI F56 should be one of them. Does it really do that much more? I use spotify for my music. Currently my set up is all through bluetooth and my complaints are that its sometimes hard to connect, it doesn't want to play. and sometimes it doesn't update on the current song it's on rather than just show the first song it played for the whole ride. Any advice or thoughts would be helpful. Especially those who have experience with an iPhone on the new MINI center consoles. btw, i have the navigation package, so full screen and everything.

·
Registered
998 Posts
the main thing you get with the ios phone is access to mini connected, so you can use web radio amongst the other features this offers. as far as spotify goes, i've found the 5S works great but the steering wheel controls for selecting tracks doesnt work all the time, even when hard wired rather than bluetooth. text alerts work on 5S as long as you have your phone set up correctly

·
Registered
25 Posts
I second Hat's response. I bought a second-hand iPhone 4s today, which I'm essentially using as an iPod Touch tethered to my HTC One to access MINI Connected, and the internet radio is pretty glorious. Aside from that, I'd say that none of it is of great interest, and much of the functionality comes with the Android phone as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BMW is one of the companies on the list of Apple car play. So I don't know how frequent system updates are done, but that should even improve ios integration even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts