Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just been informed by my Service Assistant that my car needs to be booked in for two weeks in January... TWO FUCKING WEEKS, to have potentially three air conditioning fans replaced - meaning my dashboard has to come out... GOD KNOWS IT WILL CREAK AND RATTLE AFTER THAT!

They replicated the noise and clunk all day and couldn't get one of their demonstrators to do it - so they are convinced there is a fault.

I'm mortified, not even that, just completely pissed off. MINI UK, MINI FS and the Financial Ombudsman have just got a stonking email.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Brandon, sorry to hear about your dash/fan problem. I bet now would be a good time to ask you dealer to simplify your dash.

Look at it from the bright side if they put it back together and it rattles you have the "only 2nd Gen rattle Dashboard" in a Mini F Series here on this forum.:D

I be sure everything will be okay my Dealer always did a great job putting the interior back together the correct way. Keep us posted. Good Luck.:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sorry to hear this Brandon, but better that they've acknowledged that there is a problem. And it will most likely take less than the 2 weeks, they're just playing it safe. I hope you're getting a courtesy car without forking out.

Having watched the shows from the factory I think the dash located easily before fixing so there's no reason to expect any new rattles etc to arise from this.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear this Brandon, but better that they've acknowledged that there is a problem. And it will most likely take less than the 2 weeks, they're just playing it safe. I hope you're getting a courtesy car without forking out.

Having watched the shows from the factory I think the dash located easily before fixing so there's no reason to expect any new rattles etc to arise from this.
It'd be sods law though wouldn't it... :| Yeah I am booked in a curtesy car, I am in the right mind to ask for a like-for-like car - even if it's a demonstrator if I'm going to have it for the full two weeks. I'm not paying £288 for January's month spending half of it in a MINI One.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It'd be sods law though wouldn't it... :| Yeah I am booked in a curtesy car, I am in the right mind to ask for a like-for-like car - even if it's a demonstrator if I'm going to have it for the full two weeks. I'm not paying £288 for January's month spending half of it in a MINI One.
So sorry to hear about you having multiple problems again Brandon... If your going to Williams Stockport again then I'm sure they'll take care of you in regards to the courtesy car

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
136 Posts
I feel your pain and anxiety, Brandon. Hope all goes well for you. By the way, what is the problem? Some noise from a fan? I have a slight ticking noise coming from the dashboard area and it has been there since Day 1.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is good that they acknowledge the knock. Sounds more like a bang each time. Never the less, it is good that they are taking care of it for you.

On a side note, a friends, friend has/had a 5 Series. It Just came off of warranty by two months during the past summer. Talk about timing. They wouldn't budge to have it covered under warranty that just missed it by a hair. The A/C was no longer working. The dealer wanted $8 K to fix it.
Yes, $8 K !!! They had to pull out the entire dashboard to get at the A/C.... What crazy engineering and design. Now I know where Mini got there A/C design and engineering from ?

Thank goodness yours in new and still under warranty.

Good luck and please keep us informed about the experience.
I know as always Mini will take good care of you.

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is good that they acknowledge the knock. Sounds more like a bang each time. Never the less, it is good that they are taking care of it for you.

On a side note, a friends, friend has/had a 5 Series. It Just came off of warranty by two months during the past summer. Talk about timing. They wouldn't budge to have it covered under warranty that just missed it by a hair. The A/C was no longer working. The dealer wanted $8 K to fix it.
Yes, $8 K !!! They had to pull out the entire dashboard to get at the A/C.... What crazy engineering and design. Now I know where Mini got there A/C design and engineering from ?

Happy Holidays
That is crazy! I'm just concerned about the consequences of having the dash taken out, I know some of you have said it should be fine but knowing my previous luck with the two F56's I've owned I wouldn't put anything past them.

Seriously hoping that MINI FS can sort something out because I'm fed up with the ball ache now, it literally gave me a headache and my heart sunk when the service advisor told me what needed to be done.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

Happy Holidays
I can't remember which cars/models but the front bumper needs to come of to replace a headlight bulb, crazy!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Surely this would be the nail in the coffin regarding getting it rejected? (This is your second MINI that you're trying to return isn't it?)

I really hope it gets solved for you... and stays solved!! Kudos to you Brandon for sticking with the brand even through all this, you must really love them!

New Year wishes!

Andy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.