Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery this morning of our mini, really pleased with the car, it looks so much better in the flesh.

I would highly recommend the sport auto box; it's simply a pleasure to drive and the paddle shift is amazing. Also the LED light package is worth the extra.

As it's predominantly going to be the wife's car I have no major plans other than to de-chrome the light surrounds and waist lines. Maybe some spot lamps!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wowzer, I am going to need some more pics please as I've gone for the same spec...black with black wheels, looks soooooper. Any pops & bangs from the exhaust?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It really looks great! Our MINI Cooper goes into production next Friday with pick up planned for 7/5 - after seeing your great picture I cannot wait any longer - as I have ordered it for my wife in her favorite Midnight Black too - but with Cooper classics - white roof and mirror cups and stripes on front hood. Though my wife does not know yet she is getting new car moreso her loved MINI - we prepared setup for her with my dealer - at the pick up day I will bring her in to testdrive BMW i3 once more we already tried month ago there - and than there it will be in the delivery room - her new dream car....she has survived with me 20 years in good and bad times- so she more than deserves a bit of treat....our dealer was all for it as he told me it will be first time something like this happpening - hope she will let me drive it sometimes too - it is one of the best handling cars I have driven - ever!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car is awesome! Economy was a big surprise, on a gentle drive in 'mid' mode I managed over 50mpg! It is however an entirely different story once it's flicked across into sport...
Noticeable blip in revs, exhaust note changes to a snarl and it will happily pop and bang away!
The gear changes are very smooth (and lazy) with the paddles, and it runs all the way to red line.

It handles like a dream too and the nose loves diving into corners. For those concerned about the loss of the 'go kart' feel I would argue it's a big improvement; and an even better chassis.

The LEDs are super bright and look the part. Very impressive machine thus far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
50mpg is very impressive! Sadly we have seen nothing near that so far. You are right they are a blast to drive:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK -- Got mine on Friday (11 Apr 2014), here in San Antonio, Texas!
Not too many fancy packages, this is a manual (6-speed), with the Wired Package, and the JCW Steering Wheel. Still trying out the technology.... haven't found a way to install the supposedly available Android Package for Mini-Connected. And I've been disappointed with the Voice Recognition on initial tryout, but hoping that will work itself out eventually. Driving has been fun, though!

grayeul

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
patch:

I can see the App, but when I try to download/install it says it is not compatible with any of my devices. It should work (I'm pretty sure) with my Galaxy S4 Active. I had heard a rumour somewhere that it was 'location' specific, and I'm wondering if it is refusing to download it to a US location. I thought I saw someone post a way to get the .apk directly on your computer and install from there, but haven't tried that yet.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Sorry Hoplite78, you said that it runs all the way to red line. Aren't we supposed to wait a bit (break-in) before doing red line?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I live in Canada and, at first, I couldn't download the APK from the canadian Play store. It seemed to be only available on the US Play store. The error message was the same as yours "not compatible with your device".

So I downloaded it using the .apk directly, which permitted me to install it on my Nexus 5. But, still, it wasn't working with the car ...

Couple days later, I noticed the app was finally available on the canadian Play store. I uninstalled the "manually installed apk" and then downloaded the app using the canadian Play store.

Still wasn't working with the car ...

Then I fiddled with my USB configurations:
--> System Settings
--> Storage
--> in the menu, select "USB computer connection"
--> Selected "Media device (MTP)"

That time it worked. Not sure what made it work ... was it only the USB reconfiguration or did it also need the properly downloaded app?!

patch:

I can see the App, but when I try to download/install it says it is not compatible with any of my devices. It should work (I'm pretty sure) with my Galaxy S4 Active. I had heard a rumour somewhere that it was 'location' specific, and I'm wondering if it is refusing to download it to a US location. I thought I saw someone post a way to get the .apk directly on your computer and install from there, but haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm.. I tried again and this time I was able to download/install it. I'll see if connects tomorrow morning. Thanks for prodding me to try again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Patch,

I am running it in correctly but couldn't resist a quick blart up a quiet dual carriageway!

I'm pretty sure modern engines don't need too much of a running in period, besides it always good to test the seals once the oil is up to temperature. It's quick enough short shifting the paddles and riding the torque band.

Only a shame it's not technically my car....and the wife doesn't like handing the keys over much!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Car is awesome! Economy was a big surprise, on a gentle drive in 'mid' mode I managed over 50mpg! It is however an entirely different story once it's flicked across into sport...
Noticeable blip in revs, exhaust note changes to a snarl and it will happily pop and bang away!
The gear changes are very smooth (and lazy) with the paddles, and it runs all the way to red line.

It handles like a dream too and the nose loves diving into corners. For those concerned about the loss of the 'go kart' feel I would argue it's a big improvement; and an even better chassis.

The LEDs are super bright and look the part. Very impressive machine thus far.
Awesome, get some more pics up, this is the colour / wheel combo i'll be going for.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.