Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a demo melting silver F60 for my wife as a replacement for her X1. It has so much more character. We are now a 2 mini family (I have an F54).

I have to say I’m enjoying it too, it’s another one for me to tinker with (trying to practice restraint). I picked up a stage 1 Bavsound speaker set to replace the base system, picnic bench, some Union Jack accessories, JCW exhaust tips. I’ll post an update after the installs.

Im in winterizing mode now, I need advice. I bought some 18” borbet Ys that I was intended to keep for the winter set up. They are 0.5” wider, about 10mm more poke and 2 lbs lighter than stock. Kinda sounds more like a summer rim to me. What should I do? Winter tires need to get mounted this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From that perspective they look huge! They are same 18” as the stock wheels but will sit more flush to the fender. I know borbet makes some oem wheels for mini so my expectation was that they would be good quality. They are cheaper than oem wheels, so my initial though was both to mess up the originals with all the salt. Now I’m on the fence.

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
They're gorgeous. See your dilemma. Gut reaction OEM winter but if cheaper and better made.... Still think borbet summer.

Reactions: pilotwoo

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliment. I’ve never bought wheels for winter before, only with the intention of improving the look and driving dynamics, so this is a first. My wife is a little more conservative so I was initially looking for oem that’s wasn’t black (she likes parking on kerbs). I ended up with a great deal (from Germany). When they arrived I liked them more than I expected. Just struggling with the idea of switching tires around too.

Wish I could convince my wife that it would be easier to put the kids in if I bagged the suspension.

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you mind telling us where you bought them. I am just about to buy from Leebmann in Regensburg/Bavaria. They offer MINI original rims with winter tyres for attractive prices.
FYI, The cost me ~ $1000 CAD, LDP, ($690 euro) with bolts. About the price of one Schnitzer rim. Used oem rims we’re going to run me about $1500. The Borbets also fit a Mini center cap which I’ll use (diameter is perfect but the undercut where it snaps is a few thous off)

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, but mind you that these are used wheels („gebraucht“)! Hence the low price 😟
I didn’t look at the condition TBH, but the minute new wheels are mounted to your car they are used. Tires on the other hand I prefer new, but I bought a demo car, so used wheels aren’t a big deal to me if they are mint condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts