Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected from the main agent this morning.
Another all black one but with the 10 spoke alloys in silver.

Sorry about the picture quality, I left it too late in the afternoon and the sun is too low.

I'll try to get some decent ones tommorow (before East Anglia is floode ot with thunderstorms over the weekend.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
294 Posts
Looks nice and the chrome seems to look good with the wheels, kinda breaks things up. Bit of old and new in the picture so to speak!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bit of old in the photo (assuming you are referring to the red mini rather than my Series 3 landy) is my son's, abandoned to rot on our driveway when he moved out to a flat of his own about ten years ago..... He has agreed for me to eBay it for spares/repairs so I can get a bit of space for the new MINI.
My own classic one is hidden away in the garage just waiting for me to finish off the wiring loom for the fuel injection and turbo/intercooler controls and data logging.
Delayed by the "too many projects" syndrome at the moment. It is also black and with 10" Mamba's which are polished aluminium rims (so "silver") albeit with black spokes. I do like the black/silver contrast on any of my cars.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
294 Posts
The bit of old in the photo (assuming you are referring to the red mini rather than my Series 3 landy) is my son's, abandoned to rot on our driveway when he moved out to a flat of his own about ten years ago..... He has agreed for me to eBay it for spares/repairs so I can get a bit of space for the new MINI.
My own classic one is hidden away in the garage just waiting for me to finish off the wiring loom for the fuel injection and turbo/intercooler controls and data logging.
Delayed by the "too many projects" syndrome at the moment. It is also black and with 10" Mamba's which are polished aluminium rims (so "silver") albeit with black spokes. I do like the black/silver contrast on any of my cars.
Kids and a lack of space forced the sale of our 1980 clubman. Fun car to drive, apart from adding Hall effect points it was all original spec and so easy to work on. I do like the black though but have always wanted a BRG mini. If you ever get the old one finished now that would be a picture, old and new side by side in the same colour.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

Re. the Landy, I keep it as insurance against a bad winter - our village is very rural, the surrounding area is very flat, as a result the three roads in/out have have large drainage channels beside them which causes some sort of wind votex so all the snow on the fields drifts onto the roads....

It probably looks a bit un-loved in the piccy but its just moss/lichen because I haven't used it since the last bad winter - when I bought it 20 odd years ago it had the usual rotten chassis so I rebuilt it on a 3mm thick hot dip galvanised steel one - no rusting any more...
And the beauty of it is, because of its age, it's MOT exempt and tax exempt (historic vehicle status) and dirt cheap to insure (if I need to use it) on a classic car policy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks,

Re. the Landy, I keep it as insurance against a bad winter - our village is very rural, the surrounding area is very flat, as a result the three roads in/out have have large drainage channels beside them which causes some sort of wind votex so all the snow on the fields drifts onto the roads....

It probably looks a bit un-loved in the piccy but its just moss/lichen because I haven't used it since the last bad winter - when I bought it 20 odd years ago it had the usual rotten chassis so I rebuilt it on a 3mm thick hot dip galvanised steel one - no rusting any more...
And the beauty of it is, because of its age, it's MOT exempt and tax exempt (historic vehicle status) and dirt cheap to insure (if I need to use it) on a classic car policy.
Yes! I do similar with a TD5, doesn’t need a chassis yet but the doors are going slowly so I’ll have to face a chunky bit of work one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts