Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Auckland NZ.

Been lurking on this forum since I test drove a F56 Cooper in mid April.

I've not even considered a Mini previously, but the new F56 has certainly got my interest. However picking the right spec is pretty daunting for a noob to the brand! Therefore I've appreciated people outlining their spec in the forum.

Been quoted 3-4 month wait if I ordered car today, therefore if decide to go ahead will likely order towards end of year and receive as a 2015 registered vehicle.

I've read about a few reliability and build quality issues with the R53 and R56, so will use this time to see what niggles (if any) come up on this forum - a lot of new tech in there. I realise majority of people on this forum will be Mini enthusiasts, but I hope people will be prepared to openly discuss any issues they have.

FYI, started off thinking BRG but slowly been drawn to the volcanic orange - both with black roof, bonnet stripes and black rims - therefore keen on seeing as many owners photos as possible to help decision!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well done Auckland!

Volcanic Orange all the way - I wish I could help on all issues raised but I'm still waiting for my car!!!

Personally because the car is a higher quality finish hopefully it won't suffer too many issues - that exactly won't be the reason to stop issues as some have had but fingers crossed they won't be serious - I'm sure everyone who has had problems will let you know...

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've been through the colours several times, using the designer on the website and searching the internet for photos in different colours...

Each time I end up with racing green. Moonwalk grey was in with a chance for a while, and blue looks good, but I think green is the one for me.

For the roof I was swayed by the fact it would add to the delivery time. Plus a black roof will absorb heat and a white roof will show the dirt. And if I like green then why not have more of it?

For the wheels I went between silver and black a few times but settled with silver. If you scratch the black it will show up as silver underneath and be very obvious... but on the other hand the brake dust won't show up with black. I think silver will contrast with the relatively dark green. I went with victory because I like the spokey look.

You've got plenty of time to explore the options :)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Bain, my VO MCS has just arrive yesterday and I enjoyed driving all day long!!
I love this small body with fascinating color (since I used to drive a huge silver BMW7 before).

By the say, are you driving on the correct/left-hand side in New Zealand as we do in UK, Australia and Japan?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
By the say, are you driving on the correct/left-hand side in New Zealand as we do in UK, Australia and Japan?
Indeed.

Also a new car market dominated by Japanese brands (Toyota no 1, and the Corolla biggest seling car for most of last 20yrs). Also a second hand market dominated by imported Japanese used cars.

In fact a large proportion of second hand R53 and R56 Mini's on sale in NZ are imported from Japan.

PS, your F56 looks fantastic in that colour combo

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Indeed.

Also a new car market dominated by Japanese brands (Toyota no 1, and the Corolla biggest seling car for most of last 20yrs). Also a second hand market dominated by imported Japanese used cars.

In fact a large proportion of second hand R53 and R56 Mini's on sale in NZ are imported from Japan.

PS, your F56 looks fantastic in that colour combo

WOW! I just learned Japanese used cars are shipped to New Zealand for the first time!!

Malaysian import and drive Japanese domestic cars as they drive on the correct side of the road;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
WOW! I just learned Japanese used cars are shipped to New Zealand for the first time!!

Malaysian import and drive Japanese domestic cars as they drive on the correct side of the road;)
Not just Japanese used cars we get all sorts of imports from all over the world and it doesn't matter much if they are left hand drive as long as they are only built in left hand drive. They have to be I believe less than 10-15 years old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts