Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my June 14 MC in yesterday for brake pads and they came out with a new quality enhancement. This one is for the cover on the high pressure pump to stop corrosion. Also got a new PUMA registered for the door seals, mine were replaced in July with the first attempt at an improvement but put tape on the B pillars as I was not convinced they were up to the job.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I too had the high pressure pump cover replaced at my service.

Please tell us more about the brake pads needing replaced as we have discussed this on here recently.

How many miles has your car done? Was it just the front, the rear or both? Are you paying for it or is it a warranty job?

My car had done 23k miles at service. It needs two new front tyres soon but the report on the pads was 6mm left all round with no mention of them needing replaced.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done 37K miles and had all pads and front disks replaced, disks just below limit. I have a good relationship with my dealer so trust them on the advice on disk replacement. I drove the car with the amber pad warning on for 3K miles after they put the car up on the ramp and we worked out that the pads would last to the next service (about 5K miles) with about 3mm left at the time they checked them. I decided to get them done before the service to be on the safe side and they did them while I waited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.