Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Another soon to be new owner in the UK here. I've just put down my deposit on a brand new Cooper S in deep blue with a black roof, plus the Chilli and Tech packs. I've been looking around at loads of options for a new car, and this is the only one that put a huge grin on my face when driving it! Changing from an aging Seat Leon Cupra R - so the power is similar, but the fun factor seems much higher in the mini! Can't wait to get my hands on it now - hopefully delivered around Easter time.

I've picked up loads of good tips from this reading these forums already - hopefully I can learn a bit more before the new car arrives!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum we have some great members on here with tons of knowledge. Post some pics of you new car when it arrives.;)

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Great stuff as Ever says there is a wealth of knowledge(and interesting opinion )on here. Sounds a nice spec.keep us posted!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it's certainly a long wait. Original delivery estimate was late April, now it's not even going into production until mid-May :( . Apparently it was pushed back by the factory until July, but after some strong words, it's been pulled back into May.

At least in the mean time the dealer has agreed to let me have a demonstrator until it's delivered - so I've managed to sell my old car and now have a base spec Cooper D to play around with for a few weeks until I finally get my new MCS. Roll on the end of May!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing out of the ordinary - Cooper S with the chilli and tech packs plus heated seats. Not sure why it's taking so long - dealer said that all Cooper S orders were taking longer than usual.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
turnergw just noticed you are in Guildford so are you using Vines or Barons?

Is it a auto you have ordered? as heard there is a delay on the gearbox!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it's a manual - and ordered with Vines. They've been pretty decent about it, lending me a demonstrator until my car gets delivered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a MCS Auto mid March and was originally told it would be due end of april, that was pushed to may and now july, half glad to hear it wasnt just a problem with my order but a wider issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So now, despite promises of it going into production this week, it's been delayed again. They don't seem to be able to tell me when it will be delivered, or even why it's delayed (other than a vague 'shortage of parts').

I'm not the only one obviously, others are being delayed as well - but I just want to know what the wait will be at this point. It's already three months since I ordered it and I'm no closer to getting a car.

If it's significantly delayed, I'm tempted to just cancel it and find a second hand one somewhere that's close to my specs. It'll certainly save me a stack of money, and mean that I'll at least have a car ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's finally here, after 4 months of waiting! Only had a chance for a quick blast so far, but I suspect I'll pile on some miles over the weekend. Loving the HUD and the satnav so far - looks like it all needs a bit of setting up and configuring, plenty of options to play with!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations on the new MCS! It's gorgeous. I am awaiting my pepper white MCS which is due by July 15th (ordered April 29th). I was extraordinarily lucky that the dealer was able to amend one of their orders for May production to fit my car in. Last I talked with my dealer, my car is on a CN Rail train somewhere in the middle of the country (coming from the port in Halifax).

(Getting my post count going so I can post photos when it arrives).

This is such a great, supportive forum. I've been lurking here for about 2 months and learning tons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts