Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed something else with my new cooper. Inside the glove box, I was under the impression the there was an a/c vent so that you could keep things cool.

Now in my cooper I appear to have the vent (a small circle with holes at the back of the glove box), but can't tell if any air comes through it. My friend's cooper sd has this vent, but with like a toggle on top, which you twist to let air out. Upon doing this in their car you get lots of air coming through. Mine doesn't have this toggle, just the vent (if that makes sense).

Was just wondering if this was another thing like the driver side sun visor and storage compartment that are missing from the newer Minis.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I think it may be a 2015 thing. A few of the reviews mentioned it, but these seemed to be about the 2014 version. Thought it would be another nice secret touch to the car. Annoying that the actual vent is still there seemingly for no reason.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wonder if it still flows air into the glove box and they just removed the option to turn it off?
I've tried it on multiple a/c settings and couldn't feel anything with my hand. I wondered if it was just me not being able to feel it, but my friend's sd was really powerful and obvious that it was blowing through.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
From late 2015 models going into MY2016, MINI will no longer have this feature.

If you do have it, with the knob twisted open, anytime the car is running, you'll feel cold air coming through.

Reactions: BristolMini
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.