Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So with a lot of excitement I ordered my first F56 Mini at the end of May. Specced out just how i wanted and after much negotiating signed the paperwork and paid 10% deposit on a 2015.

Patiently waited until now. Got a call from finance department and was told to pay the outstanding balance. However, the final price is about $900 more than what I was told and what i signed!

Then I was contacted by the sales manager. Turns out they never had a 2015 allocation and a 2016 was ordered. Obviously the MRSP has gone up slightly (in Canada) and some of the packages are more expensive too. I was not told of the price increase AT ALL!

The pressure really started after I told them I would not be willing to pay more than the price we had settled on. He essentially started negotiating with me again like I was shopping for a new car. Telling me they did me a favour buy ordering a 2016 etc... Became incredibly rude and obnoxious like a used-car salesman. Even accused me of being cheap!

In the end I told him I wanted my deposit back (sad to see the MINI i wanted slip away but I seriously lost trust in these buffoons!). Then he told me the deposit is non-refundable!!!

Looked at the agreement I signed and it does say in small print 'partial-payment is non-refundable unless a condition is requested'. What does that mean?

Going into the dealer tomorrow to deal with it in person. Any advice?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,081 Posts
If you signed a contract on agreed price that's the price you pay , have you got the same as UK in Canada Citizens Advice or Consumer direct help, I would put a recorded delivery to dealer principle and copy mini Canada and mini Germany in as well action will happen then I bet.
Don't lower to their standards stay above them and don't lose your deposit if its their fault they have to rectify but act fast and keep the letter professional and list your concerns and include full copies or emails of any documents, good luck

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Boy that Dealer sounds like a sliced sleeze ball. I would get my Deposit back and run like ****. If they treat you like that buying a Mini just think how they will treat your Mini when you need Service. No Dealer does anybody any favors not even the Guy that stamps your You Are Now Allowed To Leave The Dealership Ticket on the way out.

· Registered
9 Posts
It's all BS. You signed a contract, ask them to stick with it. If they can't, refund. It doesn't matter whether it's 2015 or 2016 model.

I just had a battle with BMW Canada last month, almost went to court. They missed a package in my X6 and put wrong speakers in it, also wrong seat. Both the dealer and BMW Canada tried to play ball game, dealer asked me to talk to BMW, BMW asked to talk to dealer. Back and force for over a month without any progress, my patience ran out and sent both of them a letter from my lawyer. Within 10 days, they agreed to replace my 2015 X6 with a 2016 model and kept price same.

Your case is just the price difference, it's quite easy to fix. Talk to the GM of the dealer if the sales manager is not going to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.