Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only can speak for the NA Market but I start to find the interior color combos a little boring and well should I say not so exciting anymore. More or less all you can get is black or is black with very few exceptions. Most of the seats are black or have black in it carpet is black the headliner options are very few too. I would like to see more color options for the seats headliner carpet door panels etc. I start to think Mini needs to bring some colors back into the interior. What you say? For an example I would like to order my next Mini in BRG with tan/cognac interior or Melting/White Silver with red seats can not get it from the factory. Kinda sad since them Mini,s get pretty pricey with them options and you are more or less stuck with black.:crying::crying:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Agree 100% ... nothing makes a statement like a great interior. My biggest issue with the current US specification.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agreed, the current selection of interior colors is not exciting. I looked at going with the white custom interior and accents when I bought my 2015, but that would have added over $1k to the price.

In the southern US states, where temperatures get to boiling, I'm sure many people would prefer a lighter interior over black. There's no joy in getting into an oven.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What is frustrating is that opting for leather on the BMW 2-3 series is a $1,450 option and there are multiple choices (Black, Red, Oyster, Terra, etc.).

On the MINI, full leather will cost $1,500 - $2,250 and the choices are very limited. Several of the options cost more, but have less features than the basic JCW seats. The best option (Mini Yours Lounge Leather) is $2,250, but only comes in black.

Not sure I understand the offering. It certainly doesn't add up to the degree of customization that MINI suggests.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just a thought ... Chesterfield leather on a Chili Red / White combination ... can you get any more classic?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My favorite interior color is black so I have no issues whatsoever! Quality is very good imo! I have the dinamica/leather JCW sport seats too & they are lovely! I agree however since not everyone prefers black that other colors would be nice for those wishing something else.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
386 Posts
My favorite interior color is black so I have no issues whatsoever! Quality is very good imo! I have the dinamica/leather JCW sport seats too & they are lovely! I agree however since not everyone prefers black that other colors would be nice for those wishing something else.
How are the dinamica/leather seats holding up. I like the as an option, but am concerned about wear

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
How are the dinamica/leather seats holding up. I like the as an option, but am concerned about wear
So far so good but my JCW has barely 700 miles on it! I wipe them off constantly but the material seems to be robust. I love the alcantra/suede "feel".... keeps you "planted"!

I struggled with my choice of seats...really liked the punch black leather, but in a JCW I had to go with JCW sport seats! ;-)

I also really like the black vinyl sport seats. I bet they would wear like iron! Easy to clean also, but they're not leather.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
My mini has done over 10k km with the JCW alcantra seats and they are awesome. They absorb alot of the bumps, hold you in tight but not uncomfortably so and they are wearing really great so far. I highly recommend them. As for the interior being boring, i actually think its exciting if you buy enough options and that is the catch i suppose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
in a word yes, the color choices are boring. I ordered a Mini 7 in large part to get the brown accents, but I would have loved to get a Mini with a light brown interior and a dark blue or BRG exterior.

·
Registered
386 Posts
One option is to add a set of coco mats (http://www.cocomats.com) for color. They have a wide range of patterns and colors and my experience is that they look great and wear like iron.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
No, I like subtle, restrained colors (this from a guy who bought a VO, LOL).

My MINI guy told me that they ask for a larger deposit if somebody orders an "ugly" car. That way if the buyer flakes on them, they aren't stuck with some horrific eyeball-bleeder to try and sell at retail. They already have the large deposit, so they can discount the snot out of the car to get rid of it.

I asked him what constituted an ugly car and he rattled off various combinations. Figuring prominently was bizarre interior colors. I dare say many of which could conceivably be viewed in this thread.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Figuring prominently was bizarre interior colors. I dare say many of which could conceivably be viewed in this thread.
Not to say that there is anything at all wrong with the exemplary color choices so far shown in the thread. All far, far better than the boring black which boring uke fancies.

0:)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mransr, welcome to the forum I had a feeling it was you.:D You picked a great car you do not see too many of the "7" on the road.

·
Registered
219 Posts
OT:

The same in the Netherlands.

I haven't see other Seven on the road.

We (Nothern Europe) are very, very lucky. No problem to make a choise of the color of the seats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, I kinda figured you were "that" evlkarl too ;)

I love the silver accents on the 7, hopefully I'll have it in 6 more weeks or so.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
One option is to add a set of coco mats (http://www.cocomats.com) for color. They have a wide range of patterns and colors and my experience is that they look great and wear like iron.
Bingo! On my list at some point, but I just love the stock black mats so far! The cocomats have a rough texture & I worry about my heel dragging when using the clutch...one reason I don't use the rubber MINI mat anymore. I have cocomats in one of my vintage Bimmers and love them! Lots of color options & quality is top notch!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts