Mini Cooper Forum banner

Anyone can check if there is a thumping noise coming from the fuel filler tube?

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Imperial 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I drive 2016 F55 MCS and have been battling since Dec/Jan to find thumping noise issue that comes from fuel filler tube area(rear right). Basically dealer replaced fuel tank vent valve but that didn't really solve anything. The evap hose is behind rear right wheel. To me it seems that this evap hose vibrates and touches car's body and/or fuel filler tube or gas tank itself and this noise resonates into the cabin. I found 2 of spots where this hose comes into contact with fuel tank and put padded tape, it might have helped a bit, but still noise is there.

Yesterday I opened fuel door and heard the noise, then opened fuel cap and noise was more prominent (thumping). This happens when car's EVAP system purges.

Please check to see if you hear anything out of fuel fill opening as in the video? On my car this happens when EVAP system is purging, so if you check once and there is not sound, check again in a few minutes. My car was idling for few minutes when I recorded the video.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...o8?usp=sharing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.