Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just wondering if anyone has a white silver MCS yet? I've always had silver cars, and I changed to a black 1 series for my last car. I really like the midnight black with black wheels - it looks stunning when clean, but I do ~17000 motorway miles a year and my black 1 series always looks quite dirty (I'd need to wash it every second day). Silver cars hide sins much better than black cars, so I could be tempted.

What do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Mini cooper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Black, black black I tells ya:D

I love the F56 in black, but it does come at a price. I always seem to be cleaning ours. Not seen an F56 in white silver, but it always looked a good colour on the R56

·
Registered
189 Posts
Colour is a personnal choice. I wouldn't ask anyone else's opinion on how to spend my £20k, but I do agree to a point - it is difficult as there are nice colour choices.
Texy

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
White silver would have been my second choice ... it's stunning in the sun :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have a White Silver Roadster and I presume it is the same colour as on a F56. "Dull as ditchwater" describes it well - it looks like grey primer with clear coat over it and never looks very metallic. Admittedly I am a slob when it comes to cleaning cars so if you think a week is a long time to go without cleaning, you might be OK.

I bet this colour looks superb under, say, a Texan or Californian sun but under bleak Northern sun it looks washed out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I went for black with black wheels & chrome, with black & chrome interior, which is what I have on my current JCW.

Yes, it does get dirty quickly, but so does any other colour of car.....it just shows more in a black.

I couldn't decide on a colour for my F56.......I'm terrible at choosing. I originally chose black with a white roof, white bonnet stripes & white wheels......

The other half made the final decision.......well, I guess I got the car I wanted.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well I can honestly say it is a TOUGH call; And I should know.
I have ordered Midnight, White Silver and now Moonwalk so I speak from experience.
The White Silver is absolutely stunning. The Volcanic Orange is amazeballs when you see it in the flesh, a true Cooper S colour.
I have just changed to Moonwalk as I wanted something stand out different to all other cars but I am too much of a wall flower to consider VO.
I did think about White but my last car was White. I considered Blue but the car before that was Blue. I even considered Red and nearly went for it but I think in my heart of hearts it was always my first choice of Moonwalk Grey, hence my round the houses approach to colour charts.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've ordered white silver also, looks stunning in sunlight and a good compromise between a plain white or all too common silver I think, will also hide a multitude of sins as has already been mentioned in a way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Fletto - I was having the exactly same deliberation and actually went to look at a White Silver and Midnight Black one just to make up my mind. I went for the White Silver in the end. Black is flippin' awesome, especially when clean, but looking at black cars in the car park at work and they all look grubby. I had the black roof, wheel and black bonnet strips to make it a bit meaner, rather than just another boring silver car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts