Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, cruising on the highway today and all of a sudden the car tweaks. Misfiring 4th and malfunctioning drivetrain? Also have the infamous lost communication with ecm code. 5th gear shakes with decent throttle and 6th shakes all the time. Anyone else have this happen?

Taking it in this week to figure it out regardless

·
Registered
173 Posts
Never experienced anything like that. Definitely take it in to investigate. I finally have mine broken it with 1200 miles and it operates like a fine swiss pocket watch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have about 2,200 miles on the car now. I just hope this isn't going to be some huge electrical problem that I have to keep going back and fourth to get fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had issues with the drivetrain malfunction on numerous occasions with issues with the engine, started with 2800 miles on the car. When did you take delivery on the car? Is yours a Cooper hardtop or Cooper S? When was your car built?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had issues with the drivetrain malfunction on numerous occasions with issues with the engine, started with 2800 miles on the car. When did you take delivery on the car? Is yours a Cooper hardtop or Cooper S? When was your car built?

I'm not sure when mine was built, I'll have to check on that. I took delivery about a month and a half ago and it is a Cooper S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.