Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else in the queue for manufacture? I ordered an F56 JCW on the 18th May and the estimated delivery date has been all over the place.

It’s gone from September to August and now October not the end of the world but it’s a bit frustrating for it to keep moving around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered an Oxford 2 door beginning of June and been told bout the same. Chip/parts shortage and plant shutdown month of August.

It will make a nice Christmas present to myself if the dates keep changing!!

It is crazy though! I saw one dealer offering up to $2k for preorders cause of these issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is anyone else in the queue for manufacture? I ordered an F56 JCW on the 18th May and the estimated delivery date has been all over the place.

It’s gone from September to August and now October not the end of the world but it’s a bit frustrating for it to keep moving around.
Hi

Yes i ordered a 3dr cooper sport on the 20th May & i checked with my dealer yesterday & the estimated delivery date hasn't changed at wk32 (early August) Mine has now moved to code 1200 scheduled for production and has been there since 25/06/21, so hopefully should be built soon. I have lost harman Kardon off my order due to the semiconductor shortage

·
Registered
110 Posts

Similar here, placed order/Deposit for F56 Cooper Sport on 14th May, delivery to dealer initially quoted as late July / start of August, this has now slipped to late August / start of September. Although Dealer told me Monday that a few of their other orders approaching build jumped forward by 2 weeks.

I'd be happy with September, just hope the semi-conductor shortage doesn't affect the vehicle any further (currently minus Digital Dash and HK).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi

Yes i ordered a 3dr cooper sport on the 20th May & i checked with my dealer yesterday & the estimated delivery date hasn't changed at wk32 (early August) Mine has now moved to code 1200 scheduled for production and has been there since 25/06/21, so hopefully should be built soon. I have lost harman Kardon off my order due to the semiconductor shortage
Similar here, received the 'Scheduled for production' email on 12 June – nothing since. Order/Deposit placed 14th May.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting spread of dates. The talk to a mini genius thing on the website also says the same but I’ve asked a few times and the dates have shifted around.

I’ve received no emails other than directly from the dealer and he has said I won’t hear anything more until he contacts me with an update.

I’ve lost the HK audio but I’ve got an audison setup to go in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Interesting spread of dates. The talk to a mini genius thing on the website also says the same but I’ve asked a few times and the dates have shifted around.

I’ve received no emails other than directly from the dealer and he has said I won’t hear anything more until he contacts me with an update.

I’ve lost the HK audio but I’ve got an audison setup to go in.
Audison is what i am thinking having done

·
Registered
314 Posts

The wife ordered a MINI F56 Electric Level 3 on 24th June and has been given a delivery date of 22nd Sept.
Dealer rang again today to confirm this date

·
Registered
1 Posts

I hope I'm in the queue for manufacture. I ordered on May 19. I received a VIN on June 22. Other than that, I'm completely in the dark. Attempts to search the VIN in various decoder have not yield any good result. I guess I need to learn patience.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Audison is what i am thinking having done
I’ve got the full setup ready to go in mine. I’ve listened to a couple of cars with it and it blows hk out of the water.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow this is very interesting.
I guess we just got really lucky - Saturday we inquired about an Oxford, rep found there was one already just finishing production in the color scheme we wanted, it's now at the port awaiting a boat, with our name on it.
You guys are making me feel guity. I guess this is the advantage of not being terribly picky.

(I am very rarely this lucky)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow this is very interesting.
I guess we just got really lucky - Saturday we inquired about an Oxford, rep found there was one already just finishing production in the color scheme we wanted, it's now at the port awaiting a boat, with our name on it.
You guys are making me feel guity. I guess this is the advantage of not being terribly picky.

(I am very rarely this lucky)
You have done well there. I’ve ordered an unusual spec so have to wait for mine to be built for me.

how long is the transit to the USA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car was due last month it had a stop order on it and it’s been sat in the port of exit for nearly a month, I was one of the last cars to have Harmon kardon still on the vehicle but apparently there’s now an issue with the amplifier. 😢

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have done well there. I’ve ordered an unusual spec so have to wait for mine to be built for me.

Don't know exactly, I'm not really in the habit of ordering cars shipped across the pond :cool:
From what I've read, around two weeks or so.
Luckily for me, the dealer is within a short drive of the port at Baltimore, which is a direct stop so it should be pretty expedient to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hi
We rang around UK dealers in May and found one with a build slot at the end of June, so ordered from them. Car went into production last week as promised, due around the end of this month (dealer other end of the country so they do PDI etc then deliver to us - I didn't fancy a 288 mile trip in a new Mini Electric 😆).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi
We rang around UK dealers in May and found one with a build slot at the end of June, so ordered from them. Car went into production last week as promised, due around the end of this month (dealer other end of the country so they do PDI etc then deliver to us - I didn't fancy a 288 mile trip in a new Mini Electric 😆).
I don’t blame you that might be a bit tricky.

I’m getting mine from a dealer over 100 miles away but I got a huge discount so I don’t mind the drive or waiting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!

First post on here.

We ordered a replacement for my wife's ageing R56 (2011 3dr One that we've had since new) on the 31st of May, with an expected delivery date of 24th July.

Just off the phone with the dealer, John Clark of Aberdeen, to be told that the car is now not likely to be built until September, with a delivery in October.

It's a 3dr Cooper S Exclusive in Rooftop Grey over Malt Brown leather with a manual box, 18" Pulse wheels and panoramic roof - no other options - certainly none that i thought would have given us issues with semi conductors reported with HK Stereo / digital cockpit etc.

Interesting that @242DOW 's build slot was honoured - would be interested in how the factory is prioritising builds just now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

First post on here.

We ordered a replacement for my wife's ageing R56 (2011 3dr One that we've had since new) on the 31st of May, with an expected delivery date of 24th July.

Just off the phone with the dealer, John Clark of Aberdeen, to be told that the car is now not likely to be built until September with a delivery in October.

It's a 3dr Cooper S Exclusive in Rooftop Grey over Malt Brown leather with a manual box, 18" Pulse wheels and panoramic roof - no other options - certainly none that i thought would have given us issues with semi conductors reported with HK Stereo / digital cockpit etc.

Interesting that @242DOW 's build slot was honoured - would be interested in how the factory is prioritising builds just now.
What a pain for you - I'm starting to wonder if maybe the electric vehicles might be taking priority?

Mine is due to be shipped to the dealer from the factory now-ish, and has an 'ID' so is also being registered.

Will be interested to see if affected by HK issue - dealer not mentioned (but having only recently read about this i've not yet asked).

Fingers crossed they improve the date for you....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I contacted the mini genius again today. Mine is scheduled but not yet scheduled for build. Their estimate for delivery to the dealer is wc 18th October. If I get it that week it will be a 22 week wait from order.

As long as the spec doesn’t change I don’t mind too much but it will be the longest wait for a new car I’ve had.

·
Registered
19 Posts

FYI, it switched to "in transit" sometime this past Sunday evening, and ETA is next Wed at the port. So that's about 10 days across the pond.

1 - 20 of 485 Posts